1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Conservative Party: Where do we go from here?

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Gigabit, Jun 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

This is the trap many fall into, criticising behaviour in one side but excusing it in the other. The same standards apply to all. Mogg is reported as showing far right anti semitism in the same way the far left have. There is no distinction it is the same.

2. dowie

Caporegime

How has he done that?

3. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

If you don’t know you need to read up on antisemitism and it is best not to view it from any particular side.

4. dowie

Caporegime

I'm not viewing it from any particular side - I'm questioning why people think Mogg is anti semitic?

5. dowie

Caporegime

Tory whip restored to 10 of the traitors. Source: BBC News politics feed.

6. Evangelion

Capodecina

You misspelled 'MPs who voted with their conscience.' Which they are perfectly entitled to do.

Good to see they've had the whip restored. Clearly Johnson needs them more than they need him.

7. dowie

Caporegime

I think some of the others are probably beyond redemption.

8. StriderX

Capodecina

And what would you have said if they were let back in?

9. dowie

Caporegime

I don’t think some of them will be. The traitors who showed they could still play nicely after the surrender act are redeemable.

10. StriderX

Capodecina

I doubt most of them care and that sort of attitude you're displaying is why parties descend into pandering to extremists because the moderates are so desperate to cling steadfast to their gravy train, literally the whole of the last three years was because of this.

I'd hope you would start to temper that tone (I imagine not), it's unhealthy to discourse and quite contradictory, treason is a finality and you're using in such flippancy, that it has no weight. We still need to get past the election and potentially an extension in Summer.

11. FortuitousFluke

Mobster

That's what you want from an MP, a tendency to do exactly what they're told to regardless of the consequences, morality, or their conscience.

12. Greebo

Caporegime

Sadly they were some of the best of the Tory party and now its being taken over by the extremists. They are the ones I would call traitors, not those who did what they thought was best for the country rather than what was best for the party. Which is why for the first time in 30 years of voting Tory I will not be next election.

13. JRS

Capodecina

Just another day with the party of law and order.

So much for wanting criminals to feel terror, eh Priti? Might want to try and get your department all on-message :p

14. StriderX

Capodecina

It's only other criminals they want the public to merely perceive are being dealt with, wrongly no doubt because they don't actually care about resolving, just making it seem like they are.

Their useless drug policy is one such avenue, people feeling more concerned about their health has had more effect than the police ever had on drugs, yet we spend billions pointlessly on a high-rhetoric battle against something rational people don't care about.

15. dowie

Caporegime

You voted tory for 30 years? Yikes...

16. ColdAsIce

Mobster

Amber Rudd is an absolute coward. Clearly knew she would get hammered if trying to defend her seat after the close run last time :D

17. marin

Hitman

I totally agree - I will never vote Tory again.

18. robgmun

Capodecina

You should read the letter turning down giving the whip back, it was spot on. It's not an entitlement and if you go against the party don't be surprised if they kick you out

19. Martini1991

Caporegime

Which is a toxic mentality to have.

There's no wonder why our politics is a shambles

20. robgmun

Capodecina

Politics is a shambles because of people like her. Cleaning house was long overdue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.