The Corsair 900D was too small

Associate
So I traded it for a CaseLabs TX10-D

f5b2WN7l.png.jpg dKPF2FAl.jpg

Don't mind the empty bays in the front, I was fitting in some of my 5 1/4" bay devices and getting the whole flex bay concept in my mind. I got a great deal on the case, tons of accessories, a Black Ice SR1 560, a Mo.Ra Pro 3, fans and so forth- couldn't really say no to it.

I will make a build log for both sides soon, but there won't be much action on the main side till Haswell-E comes out.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The thing is almost as tall as I am and laughs at me each time I look at it.

To be fair, there is an extra pedestal and an extended top on there but it is still about 5'2" or so in height :eek:

Soldato
WTF.. is that! hahaha, jesus :O

In all seriousness though, id absolutely love to see one of them cases used to its full potential, though I cant see logically how 1 or even two cpus and even 4 gpus could use up hmm, well, I can see space for 10 rads that each fit 5 120/140mm fans on? surely there is a point that the water traveling around the rads hits ambient temperature then just cant be cooled past that point? or maybe a few C less.

Interesting looking beast though, still though the size of the window compaired to the size of it is lolable :D

Associate
OP
It is meant to house 2 separate builds, so essentially 2 PCs in 1. Although there is a version of the same case for 1 PC only.

Ya, I might get XXL windows for the main side. They only had XL windows for this when the original owner had bought it.

Associate
I love caselabs! I've seen a couple builds in them. a guy had his main gaming pc on one side and a server with tons of hdds on the other. there's even a guy that build as separate ITX system in the top. please do something insane! (like a massive system on one side and an aquarium or a small bedroom in the rest)

Associate
OP
My plan is to go with a Bong cooler on my side (x99/x79) for some sub ambient watercooling and a regular watercooled build on the other for my girlfriend (Haswell).

Associate
OP
That's a 120mm fan. The second picture shows the Mo.Ra 140.9 on the side, that gives a better idea of how big this thing is.

Associate
OP
The tittle caught my attention..and told myself, "what? NO way" then I saw the case.... Point taken, it's like a potable theme park :)

Have fun with the build :D

Ha, I figured Corsair would have you in here too. Don't get me wrong- I loved the 900D and it was my first ever build. But I got caught up with components and by the time I was done, the 900D was really too small for me :D

It has gone to a very nice chap who does sleeving projects for a lot of people and companies, including Corsair. I can't wait to see what he does with it.

I don't think its possible to realise the scale from those pics.... So I image searched and youtubed it.. :eek:

Ya, Stren has been a great help for me ever since I had the opportunity to do the trade. Funny thing is that my case is larger due to the extended top but there is a guy on OCN who has an even larger version with 2 pedestals- that particular version is the tallest consumer case I know of (taller than me!).

Edit: Correction, he now has 3 pedestals. Good god!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom