The Cryptolambo had gone to the moon... Time for Cryptolambo 2!!!

OcUK Staff
Mc20 is lovely but the interior is so bland imo. Going to be hard moving from that n/a V12 to anything else, it can only be an SV or SVJ Aventador or a Ferrari equivilant, F12, 812 etc.

Well for me it would be F12 or 812, no other V12 comes close to Ferrari, they get more horsepower NA than the other manufacturers can achieve with bolting turbo's on and as such sound glorious just like the Lamborghini's, for me it would be 812, 800HP and nearly 9000rpm, absolutely savage cars and pure driving entertainment.

Soldato
Well for me it would be F12 or 812, no other V12 comes close to Ferrari, they get more horsepower NA than the other manufacturers can achieve with bolting turbo's on and as such sound glorious just like the Lamborghini's, for me it would be 812, 800HP and nearly 9000rpm, absolutely savage cars and pure driving entertainment.

I'm going to have to get a 812 test drive, especially now I've driven the DBS. From everything I've read the 812 is more of mental car that always wants to be spanked but comprimised under normal driving.

Permabanned
simply amazing, and that rear end.

Ferrari-01-GQ-6Mar17_b.jpg

812-Superfast_4.jpg

OcUK Staff
I'm going to have to get a 812 test drive, especially now I've driven the DBS. From everything I've read the 812 is more of mental car that always wants to be spanked but comprimised under normal driving.

It is less GT than an Aston for sure, the fact Ferrari market as a GT is a bit mmmmm. Wet mode I'd have no issue doing serious miles in one as it relaxes the car quite a bit though its still naughty. Sport mode onwards things begin to get crazy, but they are superb cars, the chassis is very approachable considering the amount of horses at the back wheels, the gearing is very short making things ever more frantic and the sound of downshifts just makes the hairs on your neck stand on edge. It is the best modern Ferrari by far, but not for the tame, they will even light the rear tyres up in 4th and 5th gear in the wet. Very much a drivers car with an edginess to them, guess it really just depends on what you like. I am quite fond of cars that have an element of it can kill you at any moment and is somewhat scary.

Look amazing, sound amazing, go like a stink and the learning curve to pedal fast is big, which for me is what makes them good, its always a challenge which some people love but some also hate, but saying that I found when I test drove one even when it does let go the chassis is far more progressive than the F12 could ever hope to be.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202109077071452?model=812 Superfast&sort=price-asc&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&include-delivery-option=on&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&make=Ferrari&postcode=st87hf&page=1

Will they go under 200k? I am not sure they seem quite good buys at current prices, for sure a car with 30k plus miles will go under 200k, but I think they are too new for such miles and if I paid 225k for one and after 20k miles and two years ownership I'd be over the moon if I got 180-200k for it. Also the 812 series are the last NA V12's from Ferrari, so I think the prices are not far from bottom now, especially as F12's are still 150 upwards!

What I would say is though the carbon bucket seats are gorgeous and quite comfortable, I'd say an 812 is probably better suited to the full comfort heated seats, don't really see the point in trying to save 20-30kg in a car with 800 horses on tap. :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
We had a couple of 812's on our Scotland trip, one of them collected and driven to Scotland. The owner flew in, went to the dealer, dropped his bag in the back and hit the road! They are immense and look fantastic but I never really could hear them that well when following, though my car does tend to drown out other cars and the drivers were not at full chat it's fair to say like a few of us were. Gorgeous cars inside and out though.

OcUK Staff
We had a couple of 812's on our Scotland trip, one of them collected and driven to Scotland. The owner flew in, went to the dealer, dropped his bag in the back and hit the road! They are immense and look fantastic but I never really could hear them that well when following, though my car does tend to drown out other cars and the drivers were not at full chat it's fair to say like a few of us were. Gorgeous cars inside and out though.

They are valved and if like you say the owner was more cruising, well will be on quiet side. Race mode or just unplug the valve, then they become quite ear piercing.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Just read a new owners view on the car and buying experience.

In summary

Put up for sale 4 hours after delivery.

I suspect like the new Ferrari 296 or whatever its called, they are just not that appealing. The older stuff just seems more special, whole world gone numbers mad and well the older stuff just seems more special. Plus Maserati are the weak link of the Italian supercar brands, as nice as some of their cars have been they never seem to do that well.

OcUK Staff
They should have stuck with their original plan of it being the 4C successor IMO. If it had come in nearer 100k than 200k and a lighter car they might have had a chance.

My mate ordered the MC20, he has the full options list, basically 191k base, once you've added some must have options like LSD they are coming in at 230-260K, and as such he has cancelled as its lost its appeal to him.

Back
Top Bottom