The current dole system. A complete joke?

Man of Honour
This will tell you more:

http://www.citb-constructionskills....ourses/adultcourses/coursedetail.asp?cc=DCL04

They are the main/official mob that handles 'tickets' (cards that give permission to work on site) and provide most of the training, but there are other trainers out there that charge less money for the same courses.

Oh yeah, everybody passes the course. It's a joke really, but at least there's no chance of the people with common sense having to worry about whether they'll pass. Essentially you bribe them (course fee), do your training time, then start work.

Last edited:
Associate
coming in a bit late here but heres my 2cents

I my self have been on JSA for about 6months
they pay me £70 every x2 weeks
this is lower then it would be due to my wife working part time

I was not going to go on the doll (as ive not worked for 5 years and dont want to claim) but my local council said i had to claim jsa or they would not give us Housing Benifit Weid our old council did not care

i did find it very easy claiming as you at first call the Job Centre they take about 30mins taking detials then call you the following day taking more detials and taking best part of 1hr going thou your detials

I do find the siging on bit very easy as where i live is 90% office work and i work in warehouse's theres not much work and althou i now have a job (am self employed now) i did find it easy to blag it

Just say you looked in 3 locla papers write it in there little book thing sign and walk out
but it never takes me 5 mins for this its always 10-60 mins as i have to show my wifes wages to them
Althou saying this if i did not say nothing they would not know

Screwed system and yes too easy to fiddle athou why the heck any one would be happy with £90 every x2 weeks is madness you cant live off that

Associate
The worst thing of all was when a Local copper suggested me becoming the local D.I.P. in this area helping raggers & the like whilst in Custody & after. I was Well up for that & honestly it lit a fire in me. They built me up Everybody told me how perfect i would be & that they couldn't think of anyone more suited than me. I filled out a zillion forms & all went well then i got a 3 sentence response saying Thanks but No Thanks. I was devastated inside & out. I had told everybody & really got hyped for it as i really thought i could make a difference even if it was just a small one.

Did you ever look into why that decision was made malc?

It is no bull**** that people like you are priceless when it comes to keeping some waywards on the right road and offering counselling and advice.

If that fire is still lit why not pursue it?

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
@ Judge Mortis ( didn't realise we had a The Judge as well )
Yes mate they came back with statements about me not replying how they thought i should in the questions. Apparently i didn't answer the questions how they wanted. This is complete & utter Tosh as i spent about 4 days filling the questionaires out & really went into one with my writing. The expression I really poured my heart out is the only one that fits. It was just complete & utter BS speal to say No which they was going to do All the ******* time.
When it came down to it I explained as politely as i could that if there Firm/section/agency whatever handles me so callously then how do they treat the Youths. I told them i would have No part of them & was Disgusted by how they had led me on.
What really boils my **** though is these White collar jerks are s'posed to be Well Educated & Well brought up but they handle people like Crap & have No sense of Decency between the lot of them.
It Vexxes me just thinking about it.

Last edited:
Associate
Can you sign on when you're young and a professional gambler?. How do they know your true financial status? do you have to show them bank statements? i have numerous savings/bank accounts, would they be able to find out about all of them? £45 a week wouldnt be worth wasting 15minutes of my life in the job centre, just out of curiosity how would they find out how much i earn.

Associate
Can you sign on when you're young and a professional gambler?. How do they know your true financial status? do you have to show them bank statements? i have numerous savings/bank accounts, would they be able to find out about all of them? £45 a week wouldnt be worth wasting 15minutes of my life in the job centre, just out of curiosity how would they find out how much i earn.

i cant rember if they if they asked for mine if they dont then theres no way they would know

EDIT

Mrs said they did check (thats why i have more then one acount lol

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour

You are allowed up to 2k savings without it effecting benefits. As they are a Goverment body i would have thought it was **** easy for them to find out any info they wanted. I don't really know though.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
^^ Thanks for the correction. I don't have 2p in my bank most days so it was just from memory.
One thing i will add though is if anyone thinks that living on JS payments is fun they should come live me me for a week. I sacrifice one thing for the other from week to week, day to day. My Guile keeps me alive not payments from the dole. I live Totally straight which includes my Claim. I never work on the side or take money but i do many favours for people & they return it with a Good meal or a favour in kind.
The amount of jobs i apply for is vast, the amount of Interviews i get is tiny. I refuse Nothing & would be quite happy pottering around my town picking up litter. Places/Corporations like Maccy D's will not touch me with a Barge pole so those options are not there for me.
No matter what happens there Always comes a point where the Person who is Interviewing me sits back & says "What exactly have you been doing for the last 25 years then"
If i tell him he craps himself turns white & Ejects me Very Politely. If i don't tell him He uses his imagination & then craps himself & ejects me Politely :(

Soldato
Im fairly sure that if you are on JSA for more than 6 months the jobcentre make you go on a JMA course ( Jobseekers Mandatory Activity ) which is like a 3 day job course where they go through stuff with you and make sure you apply for jobs and post it all off for you. You then have 3 follow up interviews.

If you fail to attend they stop your money, 1 week fior each day you dont tuen up, same with the interviews.

It may have changed but thats what happened to me last year :)

Associate
What really boils my **** though is these White collar jerks are s'posed to be Well Educated & Well brought up but they handle people like Crap & have No sense of Decency between the lot of them.
It Vexxes me just thinking about it.

There lies the problem. People who don't understand and never will being given such positions with vulnerable people.

It's a shame to read that because some people who could really benefit from your experiences and guidance are missing out.

Associate
Im fairly sure that if you are on JSA for more than 6 months the jobcentre make you go on a JMA course ( Jobseekers Mandatory Activity ) which is like a 3 day job course where they go through stuff with you and make sure you apply for jobs and post it all off for you. You then have 3 follow up interviews.

If you fail to attend they stop your money, 1 week fior each day you dont tuen up, same with the interviews.

It may have changed but thats what happened to me last year :)

well they not made me go on it

i asked for new deal but said they cant do it as am over 25
i then looked on the new deal site and the jobcentre was talking BS i can go on over 25's new deal but they just dont care where i am

Back
Top Bottom