The Damned United

Soldato
Just went to see this film, and for someone who does'nt really like football I thought the film was fantastic, the acting was brilliant also.

It's a film about Brian Clough a Derby FC Manager who resigned to try and make a better team out of Leeds FC. But it's a bit deeper than that as he is rival with Don Revvie (Ex Leeds Manager).

Not very detailed description but if you love documentary films you'll love this, I think it's from the same directors as frost nixon.

Soldato
Saw this last night and although it was good am a little disappointed that it didn't cover his time at Nottingham Forest apart from a very brief mention at the end, as that was a major part of his career in management.

Don
Really liked this too, as with uber soldat, I went with a Forest fan, he was really miffed that they barely covered that part of his career

7/10

Associate
I'd love to catch this, unfortunately i dont think many Korean people would even know who he is. :(

Soldato
Really liked this too, as with uber soldat, I went with a Forest fan, he was really miffed that they barely covered that part of his career

7/10

I don't eve like football (well watching it atleast) so I can't point out any possible flaws but that aside I really enjoyed it. I also had 2 really thick... well I won't use any swearies but the spoiled certain parts of the film talking throughout.

UOTE=matt0r;13851323]I'd love to catch this, unfortunately i dont think many Korean people would even know who he is. :([/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry about it, I didn't even know who he was before I went to see it

Last edited:
Associate
I wouldn't worry about it, I didn't even know who he was before I went to see it

I know who he is, I am British and 26 ;). I mean theres no chance of this getting a release over here. They only play the big blockbusters in Korea.

Man of Honour
Watched this tonight, decent film but in the early minutes it almost felt like the actor was trying a bit too hard to be Clough, I appreciate he is a character actor and all but for example he didn't come off as natural as in Frost/Nixon. Improved as he went on though.

Regarding the Nottingham Forest thing, you have to remember that the whole point of the film/book is meant to be about his relationship to Leeds United (hence the title); it isn't intended as a biography of his career.

Caporegime
Enjoyed the film, got it on DVD when it came out.

Good performances all round, just I don't know lacks that extra punch to make it great.

Top Bottom