The Damned United

Soldato
Just went to see this film, and for someone who does'nt really like football I thought the film was fantastic, the acting was brilliant also.

It's a film about Brian Clough a Derby FC Manager who resigned to try and make a better team out of Leeds FC. But it's a bit deeper than that as he is rival with Don Revvie (Ex Leeds Manager).

Not very detailed description but if you love documentary films you'll love this, I think it's from the same directors as frost nixon.

Soldato
Saw this last night and although it was good am a little disappointed that it didn't cover his time at Nottingham Forest apart from a very brief mention at the end, as that was a major part of his career in management.

Soldato
OP
Really liked this too, as with uber soldat, I went with a Forest fan, he was really miffed that they barely covered that part of his career

7/10

I don't eve like football (well watching it atleast) so I can't point out any possible flaws but that aside I really enjoyed it. I also had 2 really thick... well I won't use any swearies but the spoiled certain parts of the film talking throughout.

UOTE=matt0r;13851323]I'd love to catch this, unfortunately i dont think many Korean people would even know who he is. :([/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry about it, I didn't even know who he was before I went to see it

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Watched this tonight, decent film but in the early minutes it almost felt like the actor was trying a bit too hard to be Clough, I appreciate he is a character actor and all but for example he didn't come off as natural as in Frost/Nixon. Improved as he went on though.

Regarding the Nottingham Forest thing, you have to remember that the whole point of the film/book is meant to be about his relationship to Leeds United (hence the title); it isn't intended as a biography of his career.

Caporegime
Enjoyed the film, got it on DVD when it came out.

Good performances all round, just I don't know lacks that extra punch to make it great.

Back
Top Bottom