The dangers of Hip replacements

Associate
That's a very wide general statement.

Maybe, but just take a look at most of the over counter medication you can get, got a headache, just take some paracetamol, can't sleep, take some sleeping pills, constipated, take some laxatives, these are at the lower end of scale, but the same applies with other drugs.
Instead, the person suffering should look at their life style, but we are all too busy to look after ourselves properly.
Most drugs just mask the symptoms of what we are experiencing and doesn't fix the issue. If the pills made you better, and you then became healthy, how would they make their money? They won't be selling you any more drugs, because you won't need them.

That's not to say that all medication is bad, and only masks symptoms though.

Permabanned
What about knees? I'm now on the waiting list.
Knees are sorer post op but generally less at risk of dislocation compared to hips. You'll do the same pre-op and post-op exercise. Depending on your surgeon's protocols you should expect to have a range of movement from five to eighty degrees flexion. Some are happy with seventy some want ninety.
The nurses will aminister antibiotics. ;)
See what I did there?

Man of Honour
Knees are sorer post op but generally less at risk of dislocation compared to hips. You'll do the same pre-op and post-op exercise. Depending on your surgeon's protocols you should expect to have a range of movement from five to eighty degrees flexion. Some are happy with seventy some want ninety.
The nurses will aminister antibiotics. ;)
See what I did there?

:)

Associate
@op

Not sure on the affects of cobalt but found the below, Know there was a big issue over metal on metal years back as i work at a factory where we produce medical implants for other bigger companys.

In 2012, amid numerous reports of metal-on-metal hip failures, more than with other types of hips, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) took action to investigate. By 2013 the agency had released a safety warning about these hips. The announcement stated that these hips have a particular problem. The metal ball rubs against the metal cup causing pieces of metal to come loose. These fragments can cause bone and tissue damage, and even metal poisoning in some cases. Consequences include a joint coming loose or slipping out of place, pain, loss of mobility, infections and inflammation, and a need for revision surgeries to correct damage.

Some of the metal-on-metal hips have proven to fail more often than others or to cause a reaction to the metal fragments, called adverse local tissue reaction (ALTR), in the area around the hip. These joints made by certain manufacturers have been the subject of recalls. Unfortunately for some patients, the recalls came too late and they suffered pain, extra surgeries, and in some cases, permanent damage.

from https://www.recallreport.org/recalls-and-alerts/hip-replacement/

Associate
The problem is, the medical industry only provides cures, they don't look at the root cause.
That is quite a broad statement. For me I was diagnosed with juvenile arthrits just before my 3rd birthday. What was the root cause then? Maybe i sinned in a previous life or something?

some conditions you are born with and the NHS has to cope with them.

Back
Top Bottom