1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Democratic 2020 Primaries

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by BowdonUK, Jun 29, 2019.

1. StriderX

Capodecina

Well he's not exactly young? With a geriatric killing virus on the loose, he's wise to retreat from contact with others and malicious attempts to infect him. Additionally, since he asked for Secret Service protection, it's likely they recommended he avoid unnecessary movements as well.

I'm not really sure what he's meant to do, but he's said he'd be doing something with regards to the virus.

2. CaneyJ

Hitman

It's not slowing down Bernie or Trump.

Bernie is organising charity events and promoting viral awareness and trump is still holding crowded press briefings.

If Biden wants to campaign or at least reassure the public the least he could do is do a live video stream from his house but he's doing diddly as he puts his foot in it every time he opens his mouth.

3. StriderX

Capodecina

Let's be honest, Bernie has stepped away a bit as well, he has to with his heart issues, doesn't mean he can't help with things.

With regards to Trump, I think we can all assume that everyone around him is being tested daily, he's a narcissist egomaniac, so it fits.

4. Sankari

Capodecina

Gotta hand it to Bernie, he's the man.

[​IMG]

5. CaneyJ

Hitman

So with all the Trump bungling of the covid crisis, you'd think Biden now has a chance.

Don't underestimate the DNC snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Maybe they should have vetted Biden more when it might turn out he is a SEXUAL ASSAULTER himself.

This ain't just him getting creepy smelling ladies hair and if true it's damning.

https://theintercept.com/2020/03/24/joe-biden-metoo-times-up/

https://soundcloud.com/katie-halper/joe-bidens-accuser-finally-tells-her-full-story

This will remove another moral argument in the final debates against trump.

Trust that Trump will have no problem calling the kettle black as his followers don't care about abusing women but it will certainly turn off more dem voters.

For neo-libs pretending to be woke, a lot of them including the me-too crowd are going la-la-la I can't hear you at the moment.

6. Sankari

Capodecina

Trump is riding his highest approval rating to date, there's not a single Democrat in the entire country who can beat him this year.

Reade came out with her allegations last year. She's now adding more detail to her original claim.

I don't think this will hurt Biden in the long run unless he's formally charged with a crime. The chances of that happening are pretty low, since Reade's claim refer to an alleged incident in 1993.

7. CaneyJ

Hitman

A recent poll put him under 80% approval with Republicans which if true is not great. Asking the old to sacrifice themselves for the sake of the economy and taking a dump on swing state Michigan won't help his cause.

The mainstream media and even #metoo are two faced. They were all over Trump and Brett Kavanaugh for long ago assault and just ignored this woman. She has tried to raise this issue several times and has been silenced and still ignored.

It's only now shes going into details, being brushed off by metoo that she has now taken her experience to independant media and investigative journalists that she can get the story out online.

Biden himself has said all woman should be heard yet is stonewalling her and has thrown women under the bus before like anita hill.

Trump will hound him for this like he did Hillary by putting bill Clinton accusers on the debate front row.
    Joe will crack like he always does under pressure, his mind will wander and the people will realise he's from the same time as trump and has the same vices.

8. StriderX

Capodecina

Well there's still plenty of months yet, it's always been a 50-50 contest to me.

9. Grim5

Mobster

10. Sankari

Capodecina

Huge cash injection for Biden. It's significant that one of these PACs is progressive.

(Source).

11. ANDREW GREEN

Hitman

So apparently Biden ran a stream recently and it only got 3000 viewers. Zero energy behind him

12. TNA

Capodecina

Trump will win again. Biden was a bad idea as a nominee unfortunately.

13. ANDREW GREEN

Hitman

The only hope is that the anyone but Trump gets out the turn out. The problem is both Brexit and Trump showed was messaging negativity instead of positivity doesn't get your turn out to come out.

14. Sankari

Capodecina

Enough energy to beat Sanders by 19 points, though. I guess Sanders must have even less energy.

15. StriderX

Capodecina

The question is if they actually want someone low-energy though. Clearly Sanders is too much for their boring, likely irrelevant campaign for the White House, though that's just my assumption of it, could be very different to what I expect of it.

The issue will be whether the gaff prone, practically dead candidate can beat the ridiculous slab that sits in the Oval Office, that would appear to be a good change for many democrats, considering what's been going on during the term, I certainly understand the desire for Biden to run.

But for some it basically means nothing changes (which is neither here nor there, as you can't really know the answer to that), so they don't even bother voting, thereby letting Trump win as was likely in the first place.

If they had the 'Big Ideas' Sanders in play, I think the same situation would present itself, but inversely so. I do sorta feel like more democrats would vote for Sanders though than is expected and that there might be Trump voters that would still ultimately vote for him as well, but that's not something you can really hope for.

Ultimately it's probably pointless to argue about it, what will happen, will happen. Both options appear to be good in a vacuum of just thinking about Trump, but longer term... I think it's obvious that unless Biden figures out that the last 40 years have been kinda **** for most people, then another Trump is inevitable (the risk being that if they're competent, then the danger is magnified)... and perhaps Sanders would have been the more sensible option in retrospect.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  16. doodah

Capodecina

True about your last point but seeing a number of the same warning signs as with Clinton.

17. Sankari

Capodecina

I haven't seen any evidence that Biden is low-energy. I still don't think he can win the election, but I don't think any of them could.

18. Sankari

Capodecina

Biden is stepping up his game, but the race is narrowing rapidly now, and to me it seems certain that Trump will win.

(Source).

If Biden can claim most of the swing counties, he's got a chance.

19. StriderX

Capodecina

There's several months to go, that rallying effect will disappear.

20. MissChief

Capodecina

I’m surprised Trumo hasn’t suggested cancelling the election for the foreseeable future.