The Dig - Netflix

Soldato
yes it's meant to be good (kermode or media show review) - netflix took it over from the bbc (was it) , and, thus, not the usual populist/derivative stuff netflix make,
so will be interesting if they make more in this style.

Soldato
Watched it earlier as it's jumped to the no1 spot on Netflix for the UK, enjoyed it more than I thought I would from seeing the trailer at the cinema (that feels like a lifetime ago)

Soldato
Too boring for me. Lots of issues with factual bits of the film (not historical factual bits)

world war 1 wasn’t referred to war war 1 back in those days. It was just know as the Great War.

when soil collapses, it is not compacted and doesn’t stay flat on the ground.

the soil collapsed on him from his back and somehow he was dug out lying on his side. So not sure how that happened.

putting a tarp over an open hole in the ground doesn’t stop water from getting into that hole. You have to make a bund around it and pump water out.

the amount of water was getting into that excavation was criminal and the find should have all been washed away after the first storm.

the soil piled up in the sides have no signs of consolidation. So it could have easily collapsed in let along being stand on. Also why didn’t they move the pile else where. The ground would have caved in also due to the pile of pressure.

Last edited:
Soldato
never mind - that's probably the cheap netflix editing that introduced those errors -
apart from the diversity issues doesn't bridgertom have a yellow line and a cup of high street coffee - radio 4 programme was listing what viewers found

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Nice film, it is a slow mud burner though but its a nice departure from watching people dying with explosions behind them....in CGI

Back
Top Bottom