The Division 2 - March 2019

Associate
just played a couple of hours and enjoying it again, not started the NY stuff as it seems they added other bits since i last played so going to do them (pentagon + cony island i think)

i like the changes they made to the loot and re-calibration systems
still trying to get the hang of it again and need to find a good offence/defence balance

Man of Honour
Yep, turns out I'll need to fork out another 20 odd quid if I want to play this after spending 100 quid fir the ultimate shower of *$@! DC experience. The Division is all about New York for me, so I'm pretty frustrated they purposely waited 2 days after Season 1 to release this. Absolutely disgusted at that practice, let Ubi know about it asked for refund (knew I wouldnt get it but worth showing my disapproval). Uninstalled this POS game, along with every other Ubi game I had. Uninstalled Uplay also. Their games are absolutely terrible copy and paste experiences now anyway, saved myself over 300gb of space on my SSD anyway.

Despite the misgivings I have about Division 2 in comparison to Division 1, I couldnt uninstall all my ubisoft games, Asssasins Creed Origins and Assassins Creed Odyssey are two of my favourite games of recent years, I've got hundreds of hours out of them. I've loved both the South Park titles, I still get masses of play time out of Rainbow Six Siege and I'm having a bundle of fun co-oping Anno 1800 with the missus. I cant miss out on the enjoyment I get from those titles irrespective of what I may think of Division 2 :)

Soldato
I played this for the first time last night and had a blast. I'm playing solo and still have a lot to learn about the game but it's great fun.

Currently level 3, doing quite well with a shotgun and an AK, and the skill that connects enemies who are near eachother before blowing up (I can't remember what it's called). I completed the Grand Washington Hotel mission (where I wasted a lot of shells on the barricaded door at the end. Yes, I've just looked at a guide and know what I should have done. :))

Last edited:
Associate
yes, but you have to finish the story first. once you have finished it bring up your map, mouse over dc, hold x to change map to view of dc, then fast travel wherever you want to go.

Soldato
I jumped into the new map, changed an awful lot. Level 32 now so slowly making my way up the levels. Switched over to a more Armour/Regen based build but with high Skill power.

Soldato
Gotta love being in cover and having 1.5M armour and 250k of health knocked off in one/two shots by a basic 'red' grunt, who then takes more than a full magazine to drop. And I'm not even going to mention the other enemies that take more ammo than you can actually carry to even make a dent in. Oh wait, I just did.

Associate
Gotta love being in cover and having 1.5M armour and 250k of health knocked off in one/two shots by a basic 'red' grunt, who then takes more than a full magazine to drop. And I'm not even going to mention the other enemies that take more ammo than you can actually carry to even make a dent in. Oh wait, I just did.
Legendary difficulty is "fun" too.:rolleyes: Not only do they instakill you much more often, but their aim and reactions are off the charts too.

Associate

yeah theres a lot of complains about enemies being bullet sponges again, im currently working my way through the expansion so its stuck on story difficulty but once i finish im sure im going to have issues too

i remember they did the same thing in a previous update so lets hope they acknowledge it and put out a patch soon

@Old Man good video but some of the info is outdated like attributes/talents and the re-calibration stuff

Last edited:
Soldato
This new expansion should have been free. The game is stale and I have finally uninstalled it. I'm finding wildlands a better game.

No, it was paid as they've put in a lot of time and effort into creating some quality content. Game is not stale, you've just not given it a fair chance. I've been running solo challenging world difficulty along with MM for challenging missions, strongholds and clan group heroic control points, it's super fun and intense. They've done an outstanding job.

This game is a cover based shooter and they've made hard/challenging mean something now, something the game had but lacked after they nerfed the NPC damage. Finally, they're stepping in the right direction.

I think you've just encompassed what I've been saying all along. You have to optimize your build. Without this, you're experiencing poor and frustrating game play. 1.5m is also excessive tbh, you're sacrificing weapon damage for armour and at that point get diminishing returns. As for not having enough ammo, this comes down to my first point. Start spec'ing into weapon damage, CHC, CHD and HSD. With the right set bonuses and rolls on your gear/weapons, it'll be much easier.

I can happily solo challenging missions and control points without too much of an issue. There are some aspects of my build I would like to change, but that's part of the game.
yeah theres a lot of complains about enemies being bullet sponges again, im currently working my way through the expansion so its stuck on story difficulty but once i finish im sure im going to have issues too

i remember they did the same thing in a previous update so lets hope they acknowledge it and put out a patch soon

@Old Man good video but some of the info is outdated like attributes/talents and the re-calibration stuff

I really REALLY hope they'd don't change it. When the game first dropped, elite NPCs hit really hard. It was great to finally feel like we had a challenge against these enemies. Then people complained about the dmg output and they nerfed it - massive shame really. We're finally back to cover based shooter that feels rewarding for taking down challenging opponents. If anything, they can happily nerf normal and hard for those who do fine it a struggle and leave challenging/heroic to those who want that type of content.

Associate
I really REALLY hope they'd don't change it. When the game first dropped, elite NPCs hit really hard. It was great to finally feel like we had a challenge against these enemies. Then people complained about the dmg output and they nerfed it - massive shame really. We're finally back to cover based shooter that feels rewarding for taking down challenging opponents. If anything, they can happily nerf normal and hard for those who do fine it a struggle and leave challenging/heroic to those who want that type of content.

oh i enjoy a challenge too but needing to empty a clip into an unarmoured enemy when all they need is a few shots is a bit far imo
if its a sniper or something then fair enough

i only started playing again the other day and not tried many challenging missions so maybe once ive finished WONY and get a decent build again i might get used to it

i play solo too so im interested in which build you use?

Caporegime
Sounds like Division 1 patch 1.3 again. Bad memories of Falcon Lost in the Pit before we realised we were better up on the platform and a LMB Rusher dropping into the pit and smashing all four of us in four shots. Bad times man, bad times.

Soldato
oh i enjoy a challenge too but needing to empty a clip into an unarmoured enemy when all they need is a few shots is a bit far imo
if its a sniper or something then fair enough

i only started playing again the other day and not tried many challenging missions so maybe once ive finished WONY and get a decent build again i might get used to it

i play solo too so im interested in which build you use?

It's a big change from what we had before and will take some getting used too. Groups are the best way to get loot and thankfully MM isn't that bad.

I only have 1 build at the moment as I'm still after gear for other loadout but this is my main

2020-03-08.png

I'm actually running 826k armour at the moment and about 102k dps.

Associate
Well, I logged in to U-play for the first time in almost a year yesterday and fired this up, using my level 3 third character slot, as I thought I would be so rusty, and I was right.
Next thing i knew it was 11:30pm and my guy was level 8 how time flies when your having fun in a game which is imitating real life ( dollar flu = COVID-19) haha

I have no clue on builds or meta and i am enjoying running about solo at this low level.
Now if I could just find that Toilet roll stash or equivalent blue print........:p

No, it was paid as they've put in a lot of time and effort into creating some quality content. Game is not stale, you've just not given it a fair chance. I've been running solo challenging world difficulty along with MM for challenging missions, strongholds and clan group heroic control points, it's super fun and intense. They've done an outstanding job.

I have over 600 hours of play. Is that not enough?

Associate
My only gripe is the Hard Wired gear set is broken (backpack doesn't work) hopefully they fix it in tomorrows patch.
Also a big bummer that it doesn't really help reset the 2 main heals in the game right now - Chem launcher and hive.
As they have charges vs 1 time use skills, like a seeker mine.

Still, it'll do me until the Future Initiative set is in the game - Talent: Ground Control
Increases you and your allies' total weapon and skill damage by 15% when at full armor.

When you repair an ally, you and all allies within 5 meters of you are also repaired for 60% of that amount.
Anyone know anything about it? Literally zero mention of it whatsoever on google.

Dr YoungBlood will be back in the house then.
Farmed gearsets the weekend on heroic, the drop rate/rolls seems no better than challenging, but it gave me something to heal :p

Also, is it a bug? that the gear in the stash shows up in the re-calibration library crusher, easy to accidentally destroy something.
The American flag gear set is quite fun too, much prefer it over strikers.

In TD2?
The patch has bought some very welcome changes, its like a new game. I stopped playing after the raid dropped but really impressed so far.

yeah, nearly 2000 in Div one.

I really wanted to carry on but I can't justify the extra cost. Maybe I'm just divved out lol.

Back
Top Bottom