The Division 2 - March 2019

Man of Honour
This has probably already been answered, but if someone could help out it would be appreciated. If I'm not bothered about early unlocks and cosmetic items, is there any point in purchasing anything other than the standard edition of this game? I.e. will the standard edition get all the same content for the same amount of time?

For all intents and purposes, yes.

Soldato
Well I was hoping to play this this weekend but it seems like it could be weeks before I get a code, knowing AMD. Bit stupid really, the only reason I got the promo was for Div 2, other two codes came through fine but not this!

Man of Honour
Well I was hoping to play this this weekend but it seems like it could be weeks before I get a code, knowing AMD. Bit stupid really, the only reason I got the promo was for Div 2, other two codes came through fine but not this!

Probably an AMD employee selling thousands of Div2 codes online for £25 a pop

Soldato
Hopefully a silly question, but am I right in thinking it doesn't matter if I've not played the first one to enjoy this. I was never that bothered but getting this with the AMD promo so may as well give it a try (though reading the last few posts sounds like I could be waiting a while).

Soldato
Hopefully a silly question, but am I right in thinking it doesn't matter if I've not played the first one to enjoy this. I was never that bothered but getting this with the AMD promo so may as well give it a try (though reading the last few posts sounds like I could be waiting a while).

It's not really required. Pretty standard trope in terms of world decimated by virus, government trying to regroup you are part of a small task force helping to get the world back on its feet.

Associate
just read the terms of the amd offer: https://www.amd.com/en/gaming/raise-the-game and they do say:

Campaign period begins November 15, 2018 and ends April 6, 2019 or when supply of Coupon Codes is exhausted, whichever occurs first.

but that's outrageous. They know that free game codes will often be the 'persuader' & will tip people into buying the cpu and/or gpu, that's the reason for the offer. Then it's pretty safe to assume that most (if not all) people will claim the codes. So, they should have had enough codes to cover each purchase. If they were going to run out codes they should have stopped the promotion at that time. Leaving it open just means people assume that codes are still available. No idea if this mess is down to some kind of fraud or not having enough codes but they're going to have to sort it out (which is why they're getting people to submit receipts etc): https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/ayawon/amd_rewards_division_key/eijp11d/?context=3 From that thread:

Please go to www.AMDRewards.com/support and submit a ticket, and be sure to include any relevant information such as invoices or proof of purchase.

feel sorry for those caught up in this that they might have to to wait while amd go through this process. I'm guessing amd will have to honour the implied promise they've made or it's a pr disaster for them.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh dear that doesn't sound good! Thing is with these promotions they're normally advertised as "whilst stocks last", and going by some of the promotions from OCUK about buying the AMD cards and getting free games to sell on, sounds like it wasn't quite a guarantee! You're going to end up with some pretty miffed people if they've purchased a key of someone else and that can no longer be fulfilled due to running out of keys.

all I see is [removed]

Associate
played a few hours and up to about level 6. Spending quite a bit of time exploring and looking around.

haven't had any technical issues or crashes so far (being playing solo). ps, someone earlier mentioned a problem with turrets? been fine for me & they last quite a while (be sure to cancel them before the timer ends - think that reduces cooldown).

only slight issue, a bit of screen tearing when in full screen windowed mode, but fine in full screen mods (not windowed). But, that might be a driver issue.

Soldato
Latest update on reddit about AMD seems to claim that someone in support told them that they are still sending out the keys, but it will take DAYS to finish. Such an incompetent handling of this promotion to be honest...

Soldato
Seems I got lucky, I got access day before release.

Also they didnt give me a key, instead I clicked a button on the website, which logged me into uplay and activated the game directly.

Soldato
played a few hours and up to about level 6. Spending quite a bit of time exploring and looking around.

haven't had any technical issues or crashes so far (being playing solo). ps, someone earlier mentioned a problem with turrets? been fine for me & they last quite a while (be sure to cancel them before the timer ends - think that reduces cooldown).

only slight issue, a bit of screen tearing when in full screen windowed mode, but fine in full screen mods (not windowed). But, that might be a driver issue.
Its fine until later in the game, now turrets are not usable for me, they last a few seconds, that's when it lets me put them down. I did not have any crashes playing solo, had lots when in a group.

I liked the game better before the end game destroyed the map! Its a nightmare now.

Back
Top Bottom