*** The Elder Scrolls 5 - Skyrim Official Thread ***

Soldato
OP
I just bought this. Will be playing it later when it gets dark... It's going to be the game\DLC to christen my HD Projector and 100" Screen, with 5.1 Surround Sound.

:D I'm possibly a little bit too giddy, Only down side is I dont yet have blackout blinds up in the living room, SO have to wait till its dark... Bring on Half 9. Yes, I googled when the sunset is due :p

Soldato
I just bought this. Will be playing it later when it gets dark... It's going to be the game\DLC to christen my HD Projector and 100" Screen, with 5.1 Surround Sound.

:D I'm possibly a little bit too giddy, Only down side is I dont yet have blackout blinds up in the living room, SO have to wait till its dark... Bring on Half 9. Yes, I googled when the sunset is due :p

You git, but it's ok, I will show my jelousy by saying it doesn't get 'dark' until 10:25

HAHAHAHAHAHA, IN YOUR FACE!!! HAHAHAHAHA

Can I have a go on the projector please? :D

Associate
Help!

Have just done a fresh install of Skyrim from Steam and then spent hours downloading and installing the Total Enhancement Project mods.

Ifollowed it exactly but my character can't move using mouse/keyboard and 360 pad.

I started a new game and both thumbsticks work on the loading screen to move and spin the objects. However after completing character creation I cannot move! The right thumbstick still works to look around and I can access the menu (though I can't use LT and RT to navigate the menu). I have extensively googled this issue and cannot find a solution.

Has anyone else had this issue or have an idea which mod from STEP may have caused it? I really don't want to have to reinstall the game and all the mods. I could disable each mod in turn to find the culprit but tbh I don't have the time at the moment so thought I would ask here first.

Any help would be massively appreciated so the hours I have spent installing won't be wasted! :)

Soldato
OP
You would be better off asking in the PC section. :) This is consoles, And outside of disabling all mods, and re enabling them 1 at a time, until the problem occurs. I cant think of any other method to help. :p

Just a little update to the others with regards to Dawnguard.

A few things that came with the DLC that I wasnt aware of until recently :)

1. Craftable Arrows!!! I've been wanting this for a while now and If I'm honest, Although I'm glad we have it now, it's a little bit of a **** take that its not arrived in a vanilla update.

2. You can change your face! Not your race, or your sex. Just your face. I won't spoil how, You can google it if you need to :p

- Just spotted agnes' reply above :D haha, It was a good night. Nerdy, But good. Got a mate coming round tonight for alcohol and projector goodness. Thinking Co-op GOW or Racing games. Should be fun :p

Last edited:
Associate
I bought this in the Steam sale and just started playing it today. It was really amazing walking out into Skyrim the first time. The world feels very alive and interesting. But then I encountered the epic fail of the first 2 characters I spoke to in the first village I walked into having the same voice actor as the other main character in the game (the very first guy who talks to you in the game).

How did they not realise this when making the game? Sure you have to reuse actors due to costs, but making the guy who does a big chunk of the first dialogue in the game do the same voices for the first 2 people you are likely to talk to? Talk about immersion breaking.

If you are wondering, I am talking about the blacksmith in the first town you go to if you choose the Stormcloak rebel in the beginning, and the woodcutter guy who runs the sawmill in the town. The rebel, blacksmith and woodcutter have the same voice.

Soldato
Finished th DLC yesterday and it's a bit underwhelming to be honest. I really liked the quests but there wasn't a whole lot of new content. The new dragonbone weapons are good but that's it really.

Didnt really feel like its added much to the whole game. Hope there is more DLC planned, maybe the next DLC will be a bit more packed.

Soldato
I really have tried to like this game but I just suspect that its not a type of game that I get excited by.

I bought the DLC, the guide and even "glitched" loads of cash to see if buying the best stuff available to me at the time would make the game more exciting for me.. allas it did not!

I really wanted to like the game but there seemed to be far too much talking and walking over action.. I threw the towel in when I was given the quest to find a magic stick halfway across the map :(

Gutted.. spent at least 15 hours trying to get into it :(

Soldato
The beatiful thing though chandler is that whilst you were walking or horse riding across to get that stick you'd of stumbled across different villages, caves and people and then loads more quests.

I couldn't get into oblivion so I'm a bit of a hypocrite but Skyrim has me hooked. Just feel the DLC was a bit of a let down, similar to operation anchorage in Fallout 3.

Don
Just wondering if any one has had this issue before? Only put around 10 hours itn othe game so far;

I'm getting sound issues either through 5.1 or headphones.

When I'm talking to a character, if I look at them straight on, the sound comes out of the right hand side so feint I can barely hear them. if I offset looking at the character Sound plays through the correct speaker dependant on which way I look.

I don't get the issue with any other game, 5.1 working fine.

Doesn't work when set to stereo within xbox 360 either and using headphones.

Any ideas?

Soldato
OP
I've started another play through, before even finishing my last one :D

2 Handed Warrior, Heavy Armour, Redguard

It's strange how the gameplay changes drastically when compared to a dual wielder\Archer\Stealth character. I never knew about blocking and bashing

Also looking at becoming a werewolf and maxing those stats with dawnguard, I've also come to the conclusion Serana is the best follower

Back
Top Bottom