The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim announced

Soldato
What style of play have most people gone with? Pure magic, pure melee? Spellsword? and what armor, weapons? Heavy, one handed? etc...

I've been playing Heavy Armor Spellsword with 1h and destruction magic. No problems so far but not sure whether to change to robes or not.

Soldato
Light armour(always do, maybe upgrade to medium later)
one-handed with destruction are my main skills, then it would be sneaking and archery with an eye on speech.

I will also definitely start dual-wielding as well

Soldato
Im playing as a heavy armour + 1h and shield melee character and I just got served by a troll first, then a bear second. The troll just regenerated health insanely fast and slaughtered me, whilst the bear 3 hit combo'd me after my stamina drained so I couldn't block properly. My damage against both was awful at lv 6 with a MH weapon doing 14 damage :(

Associate
Must be 3-4 hours in now, maybe more, does it say played time in-game somewhere?

Am suing xbox 360 controller and sitting back in chair and relaxing whilst playing. I think I've just got inside my first dungeon, it seems like a dungeon anyways and I just killed a big spider? Is that the first dungeon?

Sounds about right.

So far it seems like a great game with amazing graphics and a sweet engine which runs perfect on my rig but the moment I first entered the game I noticed when you look up at the sky the lightining changes, I've noticed many games do this these days too, I think battlefield 3 might even do it. I wonder why game companies make it so when you look up and down the light changes. It's kinda strange and distracting but I guess they were going for some sort of effect/visual look. Anyone else find that annoying though?

No, go outside and look at the house across the street, then look up at the sky, can be quite blinding can't it?

Also probably the 2nd thing that annoys me after the lighting effect with the sky is all the items and crap in my bags and it slowing me down and not sure what I can get rid of as I dont know how useful the items will be later.

You need to sell some loot .

Other than eve, this is the best game i've ever owned.;)

Associate
What style of play have most people gone with? Pure magic, pure melee? Spellsword? and what armor, weapons? Heavy, one handed? etc...

I've been playing Heavy Armor Spellsword with 1h and destruction magic. No problems so far but not sure whether to change to robes or not.

Gone pure mage, but on max difficulty cause mages seem to be overpowered to me.
No swords, only daggers when im desperate, which i will imbibe with poison eventually.

Soldato

Stealth, Marksman, Illusion here, playing as a hunter, assassin or thief is great fun.

Soldato
Anyone tried the crafting in this? I was a bit meh to it, but gave it a go... an hour later I wasn't off chasing treasure or dragons I was hunting deer for their hides as I needed a bit of leather to improve my armour :o I <3 addictive stuff.

Soldato
I AM A DRAGONBORNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

first dragon is amazing! but **** me sideways time goes so fast!

im playing high elf mage with dual destruction spells (am only lvl 4 atm tho) and quickly change to 1h + whatever spell is needed depending on situation when my magika is low! the dual spell thing is awesome!

Soldato
Anyone tried the crafting in this? I was a bit meh to it, but gave it a go... an hour later I wasn't off chasing treasure or dragons I was hunting deer for their hides as I needed a bit of leather to improve my armour :o I <3 addictive stuff.

Aye it's pretty good, I spent a while mucking about with the smith jobs butg to be honest you get good armor in the very start of the game by raiding some of the dead imperials.

Associate
21 Hours in so far and just got my smithing to 100 so crafted myself some Dragonplate armor :D

then decided tp upgrade it to legendary Dragonplate :o

Really enjoying it and been getting completly sucked into just exploring, hardly done any guilds or quests at all yet!

Soldato
The 460 sli is interesting, makes me think grabbing a second might be worthwhile. Other than that it's a crappy benchmark as it uses sub par cards apart from 2.

Just turn off sync and see the fps go up :)
I know an old GTX295 can do 60+fps outside and 110+ inside on Ultra settings.

I mean it's just the Oblivion engine tweaked with less graphics.

Associate
Can someone help me find a place please? It's Yngol's Barrow

SPOILER ALERT

According to the location map that came with the guide Yngols barrow is located between the "th" and "P" of Dunmeth Pass south of the white river in Windhelm.

HTH

Permabanned
getting realy poor fps with my rig 20-30fps or so which is a little better indoors i expected better on ultra with my rig

Disable crossfire.

Bah, I just realized I got my frame dimensions for the map wrong! Its 678 mm wide, not 688, and the frame is pending shipment today :(

They werent awake yet to answer a call, so I will have to try later, or just have a gap at the sides of the framed map.

Back
Top Bottom