The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim announced

Soldato
Caved in and ordered the game today. I'm still running an old 5770 (don't really play games any more) and I saw that it's good enough to run the game. Goodbye second year of PhD, I only just knew you :p

Caporegime
It's so satifying when it goes to 3rd person for the kill animations, POW!!! I love it!
Aye, if only I could do it reliably :p.

ooo nice armour platypus :) are you far in ??
Er well. I've played 20 hours so far. Haven't touched the main quest :p.

Where'd you get that armour?

I've edited it out because the spoiler tags dont appear to work. If you want to see what it is check my version history.

Last edited:
Soldato
Much thanks for this. I've been playing it in third person for this reason.

What races/characters have people been building? Just curious :D

I decided to go for a Nord, and am currently working towards becoming a frost battlemage with a shield. I played a thief/assassin with a bow and dagger in Oblivion, so just fancied a change.

Dunmer - Sword+Destruction - heavy armour

I'm still considering moving to light armour.

What do people think then? Mouse & KB or X360 pad?

X360 all the way.

Soldato
No, they were only selling it for £17.99 and they wouldn't reduce it. I did try to persuade them.:(

I don't really want to pay much more than a tenner tbh

I see :(. In much the same position, can't justify spending over a tenner for a guide. Will have to wait for a deal on eBay or something.

Edit - Found one for 13.84. On the fence about it still but may be a price you're willing to buy at :).

Last edited:
Associate
Here's a quick screenshot of my character in crafted dragonplate armor :D
2011-11-12_00002.jpg

Soldato
Caved in and ordered the game today. I'm still running an old 5770 (don't really play games any more) and I saw that it's good enough to run the game. Goodbye second year of PhD, I only just knew you :p

I upgraded recently to an i5 cpu, but couldn't afford to upgrade the 5770 yet, and I'm still running everything maxed bar the AA and AF, which are down at 2x and 4x. Was very pleasantly surprised :D

Back
Top Bottom