The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim announced

Soldato
My main is a mage but I'm also playing with an orc warrior. You're not missing out on anything. Just save a mage character for another play through :) You can earn plenty of gold from just selling enemy armour and stuff.

Soldato
Go to The Throat of the World and kill the Magna-Troll there. The troll fat you acquire can be rendered down to make a special glue. When you have all the bones, scales and glue you enter a mini-game where you have to build a dragon.

ALL the bones and scales? Is there a finite number of dragons in the game? What happens if I sell some bones/scales and then try to do this later? Will I have to try and buy/steal the items back from the merchants?

Soldato
So with all this talk about people making millions from stealing and pickpocketing, and magic being amazing, I can't help but feel I'm making the wrong choice by going warrior style with armor.

Convince me?

Me two! Usually i always go for the sneak/range attack but thought i'd try something else for a change.
Guilt from loosing carma in FO3 for every little light fingeredness has pushed me away from being the scoundrel :D

Soldato
So with all this talk about people making millions from stealing and pickpocketing, and magic being amazing, I can't help but feel I'm making the wrong choice by going warrior style with armor.

Convince me?

I have a High Elf pure mage and an Orc 2-h warrior. Both are pretty awesome, the Orc for his durability and bashiness and the mage for the pretty high damaging dual casting destruction spells. I wouldn't say either is better though, mage is very fragile, Orc is slow and vulnerable to magic.

Soldato
Little question for anyone that has completed the mage college quests:

Spoiler tag is failing AGAIN so skip the following if you don't want it spoiled!

Does your face sometimes go invisible when wearing the mask you get from killing that mage? Sometimes it's fine but other times it bugs out. If I remove the mask I can see my face so it seems to be a problem with the actual mask

Yup

Associate
Anybody else having problems with draw distance? I have it maxed without any issue, but it does occasionally look pretty rubbish at range. For example I was up a hill the other day looking down on a waterfall (admittedly from quite a way away) and all it displayed was a solid blue wall. Sort of feels like my system could take it if the draw distance would go out even further.

Associate
Hmm tempted by this, just read at least 50 pages worth of stuff and it sounds interesting, i did play Oblivion for quite a while so im stuck, do i buy this or wait a while longer for patches etc.

I'd say get it now as the game is awesome! also i havn't really came across too many bugs, had a few crashes to desktop and textures glitches but nothing a quit restart of the game doesnt fix.

Atm i'm about 55 hours in and havn't even touched the main story yet, mostly just been exploring and picking a random direction to run in to see what i can find :D

Associate
Been playing for 3 for days and apart from completing the mages and warrior quest lines all I have done is travel around think I'm up to 170 places found and just over 50 % of the map covered and I'm just loving it ;)

Soldato
22 hours or so @ lvl 14 and iv seen my 1st dragon while travelling, im playing on the hardest difficulty setting now (Master) and wondering how the hell do you agro the dragon? He was flying about really high, i tried shooting with my bow but no luck, it just flew off and my face was like this :(. Is it something that just happens? Sometimes you just cant agro them?

Soldato
I've not had a huge amount of time to play, so still only level 8. Did the first few parts of the main quest before getting endlessly sidetracked by all the side missions. Currently working my way through the Companions stuff. I've seen 3 dragons so far other than the one from the start of the game. Killed 2 of them, though the 3rd seemed to be on a bit of a sight seeing tour and stayed up too high for me to get it to come down to attack.

I seem to be doing quite well with a combination of 1 handed sword and destruction magic attacks. I love the special attacks that sometimes trigger with the sword. When I get around to rolling again I might go pure magic, as there are some really hard enemies that I have to keep my distance from and burn down with magic before rushing in for a finishing blow.

Back
Top Bottom