The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim announced

Soldato
I tried running it in 3D. Works totally fine with a 580. No apparant loss of frame rate that I could detect.

Went to the college of Winterheld to summon a fire minion for the gate guard and the second I did it started attacking something behind me. Turned around to find a dragon had shown up while I was casting! Managed to down it fairly sharpish! :D

Also joined the inner circle of the Companions. Dont intend to stay a wolfie for long though. Its a nice feature, but I want my character to remain "pure" :p

Soldato
I'm some measly level 9 character and came across two dragons circling in the sky. One came down to spew out frost and then a pack of 3 wolves came to attack. Took care of the wolves and after a while noticed the dragon was fighting with two giants. I went in to kill the dragon :D
The giant was hanging around (pretty close) and so I decided to shoot an arrow :D

He chased me for a while (they're damn quick too!) until I went across a river and he was standing there watching - I shot a few arrows but he went away. I just kept teasing him but not enough to kill him.
The giants are well powerful. I've been clubbed by a couple before and they've sent me into orbit (literally!)

So far the toughest enemies have been the Hargraven, giants and possibly dragon depending on terrain.

Soldato
Also, these are my GPU settings. Any thing I could adjust to balance it out better?

skyrimgpu3.png
skyrimgpu2.png
skyrimgpu1.png

Associate
Wondering if anyone here can help me. I started the main quest line after about 80 hours of play (lvl 54 atm) and it seems the quest line is broken, i did the quest Alduin's Wall but after completing it the next quest (throat of the world) didn't start for me.

I've tried looking online for answers an found a few people with the same problem but no way to fix it.

Was wondering if anyone else came across this bug yet or if anyone has any sugestions on how to fix it?

Permabanned
Moar lolz:

screenshot314031.png

The Archmage died, and a Dragon attacked at the same time :D

One of the NPC mages that help me save winterhold raised him! Archmage for a summon :D

Associate
Skyrim Ships Over 7 Million Copies

"The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim has only been out since Friday, but according to Zenimax, seven million copies of the RPG have already shipped,
and the launch is expected to generate more than $450 million in global retail sales.
You can practically hear the champagne corks popping from here."

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/718417/skyrim-ships-over-7-million-copies

Permabanned
7 million in a week :eek:

Though Im sure it still wont have been as high as COD / Sims :(

I am so unlucky IRL ... First the chest infection / flu, then when I'm ready to start playing properly .... The internet router dies, and everyone else in the house are off on holiday.

Though I ended up discovering recoverable youtube uploading via Chrome using my 3G connection instead :)

According to sky, there's nothing wrong on their end so the router must be busted. £35 for a new one which I could do, but its my dads account so I'll have to wait for his decision. Buying a non sky router = no customer support from Sky for it :x

So now I have to use my crappy T Mobile 3G via Chrome to upload gameplay videos for a few weeks, which is PURE SUCKAGE! .... Actually its doing surprisingly well through chrome, 25 mb per 1 min videos are uploading smoothly and well. If it DCs the uploads can be recovered.

Last edited:
Permabanned
A couple of new videos :)

A frost durgon attacking the College of Winterhold:

And a boss fight - Morokai for the Staff of Magnus:

^^ *Includes a very epic usage of the Breton's Dragonskin (watch the blue bar :D).

They are both in HD, so watch in a new window.

Last edited:
Soldato
I hear the Daedric quests are supposed to be mental and like nothing else in the game, think i stumbled upon a dungeon as it had some Daedric spiders in it but thought id leave it for now as was on my way to winterhold....quite looking forward to those once I get the quests.

Back
Top Bottom