The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim announced

Soldato
Lots of hours of play in it, too. Especially with mods.

By the way, does anyone know how to see what diseases your character has contracted? People keep telling me I'm ill but I can't find it in the UI.

Soldato
By the way, does anyone know how to see what diseases your character has contracted? People keep telling me I'm ill but I can't find it in the UI.

They're under Active Effects in your spells section. Annoyingly discreet when you don't even realise you've been infected until ages later.

Tbh I don't even know why they bothered with disease. In Morrowind you had loads of common diseases and blight diseases with varying levels of effect. In Skyrim you get very minor effects that you probably won't notice, and every time you go back home to Whiterun you'll probably go past the Shrine of Talos which cures you of all diseases anyway.

Soldato
I got this in the Steam Sale on Saturday night and coming from the dodgy PS3 version to the PC version is absolutely EPIC !! Thankfully with it loaded on an SSD too it is soo fast. Scene changes are under a second a time whereas on the PS3 it was anywhere up to a minute. The landscape looks amazingly better and everything is so much easier using keyboard & mouse. It's like a whole new game even though I spent 130 hours on the PS3 version. Even more impressive is that it is running at Ultra High settings on my Ati Radeon 7770 1gb GPU and that isn't exactly the best card in the world.

I just wish I had some idea on modding and make it that much nicer to look at and work. Such a noob.

Associate
What a beautiful game this is, having only just bought in the sale I've added a few of the mods out of the top 20 & it looks gorgeous. Should keep me busy for a while. :D

Soldato
I got this in the sale and anyone else new to the game on PC get the SKYUI mod i really hated the UI before i installed this.

Also i find it really hard to get a character looking good so I just went with a preset

Nice to have the option to change every part of the face but I seem unable to make it look good...

Man of Honour
Modded correctly this game is stunning - I will have to post my mod list when i get back from holiday. To see what it can look like take a look at some of my steam screenshots. The mod thread here has the majority of the best mods though - most of which can also be found in the all time top 20 mods or so.

Associate
I got this in the Steam Sale on Saturday night and coming from the dodgy PS3 version to the PC version is absolutely EPIC !! Thankfully with it loaded on an SSD too it is soo fast. Scene changes are under a second a time whereas on the PS3 it was anywhere up to a minute. The landscape looks amazingly better and everything is so much easier using keyboard & mouse. It's like a whole new game even though I spent 130 hours on the PS3 version. Even more impressive is that it is running at Ultra High settings on my Ati Radeon 7770 1gb GPU and that isn't exactly the best card in the world.

I just wish I had some idea on modding and make it that much nicer to look at and work. Such a noob.

Good to hear how much better the PC is, and on a 7770.. The SSD helps too, it does make a difference.

Soldato
On mine (with SkyUI), it's Spells section, far right icon for the current active effects.

They're under Active Effects in your spells section. Annoyingly discreet when you don't even realise you've been infected until ages later.

Tbh I don't even know why they bothered with disease. In Morrowind you had loads of common diseases and blight diseases with varying levels of effect. In Skyrim you get very minor effects that you probably won't notice, and every time you go back home to Whiterun you'll probably go past the Shrine of Talos which cures you of all diseases anyway.

Thanks & thanks!

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Skyrim Update 1.7 Beta Available On Steam

Bethesda has revealed the changelog of Skyrim's upcoming 1.7 update. The beta version of this update is now available on Steam and can be downloaded. Players will have to log into Steam, click on Steam in the upper menu, select Settings, go to the Beta Participation section (that is under the Account tab) and select Change, select Skyrim Beta from the drop down menu and select OK.

* General memory and stability optimizations
* Fixed crash related to new water shaders
* Fixed rare crash related to dragon landings
* Fixed logic error with loading screens from add-ons (Xbox 360)
* Using vampiric grip and swimming no longer prevents swimming animation from playing afterwards
* Improved recognition with Kinect voice commands (Xbox 360)
* Kinect-enabled dragon language shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish work properly (Xbox 360)
* Fixed issue with Dawnguard Kinect-enabled dragon shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish (Xbox 360)
* Fixed issue with Dawnguard Kinect-enabled dragon shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish (Xbox 360)
http://www.guru3d.com/news/skyrim-update-17-beta-available-on-steam/

Can see any mention of it on Steam, and looks to be mostly Xbox related fixes....

EDIT:

Today on Steam you can grab the Beta version of the 1.7 title update. In addition to Steam, the update is planned for release on Xbox 360 and PS3 — we’ll provide more details as soon as possible. Specific to PS3 players, features included in the 1.6 title update, including Mounted Combat, will be rolled into 1.7.

Release notes below:

Update 1.7 (all platforms unless specified

BUG FIXES

General memory and stability optimizations
Fixed crash related to new water shaders
Fixed rare crash related to dragon landings
Fixed logic error with loading screens from add-ons (Xbox 360)
Using vampiric grip and swimming no longer prevents swimming animation from playing afterwards
Improved recognition with Kinect voice commands (Xbox 360)
Kinect-enabled dragon language shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish work properly (Xbox 360)

Fixed issue with Dawnguard Kinect-enabled dragon shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish (Xbox 360)

To provide feedback on the beta update, use our beta forum.

After the break, get details on how to participate in the Steam Beta.

DOWNLOADING THE BETA UPDATE ON STEAM

If you’d like to download the 1.7 Beta Update on Steam, you’ll need to follow these steps:

Click on Steam in the upper menu
Select Settings
Under the Account tab, go to the Beta Participation section and select Change.
A drop down menu will appear. Select Skyrim Beta.
Select OK.
Steam will now restart. After Steam restarts, Skyrim will be updated to the Beta version currently available.

If you opt into the Beta, be sure to back up your saved games or simply be careful not to overwrite your existing saves. If you decide to opt out of the beta program, your old saves will still work with the current release of Skyrim on Steam (v 1.6).

If you decide you don’t want to run the Beta anymore, redo steps 1 – 4. At the drop down, select NONE – Opt out of all beta programs. Let Steam restart, and Skyrim will automatically update itself back to the latest released version.
http://www.bethblog.com/2012/07/23/1-7-beta-update-available-on-steam/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom