The End of Boris

Soldato
He's still living in the 80s I imagine. Thinks he entitled to do what he wants. Really sad.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Does it matter ? The only way I can effect change is by turning upto vote every 4/5 years. On no occasion has my crossed ever landed in the Tory scumbag box.

People die all the time it's a certainty, live for moment plan for the future Morty :)

Soldato
Me and my siblings made the difficult decision to watch our Gran's funeral on webcam that day, rather than attend in person. Under normal circumstances we would have gone, but the restrictions at the time meant the ~8 hours (each way) journey and (likely) overnight stay would have been extremely isolating.

It seems we could have done whatever we wanted after all, as saying "oops, I misunderstood the rules!" is a real life 'get out of jail free' card.

We had the funeral the week after, there were some holdups due to having to wait for a Coroner's inquest. Most of the family that wanted to couldn't come because of the travelling. Hotels were closed, and it was banned to have visitors so we couldn't put them up. One cousin made the 7 hour round trip.

What was going on in Downing St is beneath contempt.

Caporegime
But, is there really?

Most people ive spoken to while around and about seem to think hes been a bit of a idiot and hypocrite, but dont actually care much at all and by the time elections roll around it will all be forgotten.

Yes there is. Even my party donor boss said yesterday enough is enough and Boris has to go. He's an idiot and is destroying the party.

Caporegime
Last edited:
Soldato
Can someone remind me where in the lockdown guidelines it stated that large groups of people could still gather for drinks as long as it was a work event?

Caporegime
There weren't. Surprised Mogg didn't use his 'should have used his common sense' argument for Johnson considering its use with people in the Grenfell fire.
One party 4 days after he said this, another a further 5 days after.
As a comment in the tweet says, you can see why they didn't want Mogg saying anything during the GE. Utter contempt for citizens, thinks much too highly of himself, hypocrite and not that well informed.

Associate
It really banks on the investigation I think. If it's determined to be work event, then what?

That is indeed what it comes down to.

If it was a work event, then he hasn't broken the rules (even with the drinks). It's not different to the garden pictures we saw a few weeks ago.

Can someone remind me where in the lockdown guidelines it stated that large groups of people could still gather for drinks as long as it was a work event?

Well you know the answer to this. However, it also didn't say that all work events are banned just, "work from home if you can".

Caporegime
If these allegations of instructions to clear or wipes phones to thwart the investigation are true, I do hope someone has courage to be a whistle-blower or refuse to.

Soldato
The thing is both my parents died around that time, I attended the funerals and don't like to think about the weeks leading up to that time.
However I can't get worked up about this party stuff, it won't bring them back or change anything and if you expect any other uk politicians to behave better you are going to be sadly disappointed.

At the end of the day people couldn't visit relatives to protect themselves and their relatives. Boris and his coworkers were just putting themselves a little bit more at risk. The rules weren't in place for the fun of it.
I can't see myself ever voting again anyway, I'm extremely disillusioned with all of them.
People say our forefathers died so we had the freedom to vote. Yeah well our politicians should respect that by behaving with maturity and integrity. They need to earn our votes.

Soldato
Lol some people who work together at Downing Street sat outside and had drinks while most likely working since you know they were in the midst of a pandemic, and Boris Johnson who was in ICU with Covid the previous month was outside with them for a bit, but was probably still pretty knackered himself having nearly died and all. Now everyone's blaming him because they couldn't sit by the bedside of their dying Grandmother last year, as if the rules were just implemented to personally victimise them in some callous way

Soldato
That is indeed what it comes down to.

If it was a work event, then he hasn't broken the rules (even with the drinks). It's not different to the garden pictures we saw a few weeks ago.

Well you know the answer to this. However, it also didn't say that all work events are banned just, "work from home if you can".

Can you explain your thinking here?

My understanding was that the guidance was a lot more than just ""work from home if you can". For example even if people could not work from home, offices introduced measures such as requiring staff to maintain social distancing, banning face to face meetings, closing canteens and other facilities etc.

Soldato
Lol some people who work together at Downing Street sat outside
you are forgetting boris misled the house with his selective memories - he had plenty of opportunities to declare the event, and get it blessed by the public,
with respect to stratton, he chose to throw her under the bus too.

Boris in hiding now - cancelling vaccine centre visit under pre-text of a positive test somewhere in family,
brborisexit - part 2 - now it's personal. - there has to be some parody of this new situtation based on instruments/strategy of brexit

Soldato
The thing is both my parents died around that time, I attended the funerals and don't like to think about the weeks leading up to that time.
However I can't get worked up about this party stuff, it won't bring them back or change anything and if you expect any other uk politicians to behave better you are going to be sadly disappointed.

At the end of the day people couldn't visit relatives to protect themselves and their relatives. Boris and his coworkers were just putting themselves a little bit more at risk. The rules weren't in place for the fun of it.
I can't see myself ever voting again anyway, I'm extremely disillusioned with all of them.
People say our forefathers died so we had the freedom to vote. Yeah well our politicians should respect that by behaving with maturity and integrity. They need to earn our votes.

Aye well said. Right now its just a feeding frenzy where the country or the party is eating itself there all sorts going on teh world whether it be eu negociations or ukraine and all the politicians and or media here are obsessed with navel gazing they're only doing it for personal gain they all jockeying for positions to climb the greasy pole to the top none of them ultimately care about us.

Associate
Things won't change until you vote. Just vote for another party, Greens, independent. It should be mandatory, instead we we have tons of wealthy OAP's voting on mass via post or in person and the younger generations not bothering. I bet my my "wasted" vote in a heavy Tory area wouldn't be so if everyone eligible actually voted, it would atleast send a message.

Soldato
Voting in my constituency is just pointless. We have a sitting tory MP (Danny Kruger) who won with a 24,000 vote majority (47% of the vote).

I still can't understand why the great British stupids voted to keep the status-quo and our current (broken IMO) electroral system and then vote for change with respect to Brexit.

How can it be right that the Greens for example polled 2.7% of the national vote and yet won only 0.2% of the seats in the commons? In addition had the electorate been voting under a d'Hondt system for example, many more would have voted for what they believed in rather than the best option that might actually win.

The fact that Gove was trying to support Boris to the 1922 committee by stressing that he had won the election with a big majority says it all: It's fine to have a PM who is lying, self-serving, disconnected, elitist IF he delivers an election win. Errrr - no IT'S NOT.