The End of Boris

Soldato
Did we do bad ? It seems the UK will be the first western country for the disease to become endemic, Maybe this was long term and getting to it as quickly was possibly the only sensible solution. People should be fully aware of the risk of catching it whether thats 3 days ago or 18months ago. No easy choices at the end of the day.
Just because Johnson says it is endemic, or will be soon, it doesn't mean it is. This is more wishful thinking.

It would need to be mild enough not to cause significant problems or we would need treatments/2nd generation vaccines that make sure it's not a problem. Where is his plan on this? What about his plan for vaccinating the rest of the world to greatly reduce the risk of new variants so we don't keep getting reinfected or it mutates to be more vaccine resistant and/or deadly? What about his plan to improve ventilation for every office and school classroom e.g. by providing them with sufficient numbers of HEPA air purifiers, not the token number he has provided so far?

He has repeatedly done too little too late for much of this pandemic and that is not a good performance (the timing of measures really matters). If things work out okay in the end, for those of us who remain not profoundly affected by it, then it will be in large part a happy accident.

I fear that rumours about his supposed plans to make us pay for tests show he is going in completely the wrong direction.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just because Johnson says it is endemic, or will be soon, it doesn't mean it is. This is more wishful thinking.

It would need to be mild enough not to cause significant problems or we would need treatments/2nd generation vaccines that make sure it's not a problem. Where is his plan on this? What about his plan for vaccinating the rest of the world to greatly reduce the risk of new variants so we don't keep getting reinfected or it mutates to be more vaccine resistant and/or deadly? What about his plan to improve ventilation for every office and school classroom e.g. by providing them with sufficient numbers of HEPA air purifiers, not the token number he has provided so far?

He has repeatedly done too little too late for much of this pandemic and that is not a good performance (the timing of measures really matters). If things work out okay in the end, for those of us who remain not profoundly affected by it, then it will be in large part a happy accident.

Apart from the 180,00 deaths with grieving families who will not forgive and the over 1 million with long Covid who will need support for months or lifelong in some cases.

Soldato
He has a lifetime of training of squirming out of difficult situations, and ugh it felt grubby watching him do it yesterday

Ultimately it doesn't matter how bad he is or how bad the polling is right now
He has absolutely no shame and would not resign out of principle or anything remotely noble like that

The only people who can get rid of him are his own party:
His cabinet, the majority of which would never have (and will never again) been in cabinet if it wasn't for Johnson and so will back him
The party will just keep quiet and hope events move on, they might get some jip on the doorstep or twitter but for now can just point at the enquiry
The Tories who actually have morals (not many now since the purge) will have long ago put letters in about him (and have probably renewed them this week) but I doubt its many

With such a big majority and a long way until an election is better for them to just ride it out and hope things improve, only unfortunate by-election candidates will be punished in the short - med term

The minute the other leadership hopefuls smell blood in the water they will turn on him but I guess there is nothing to gain right now, it would be a messy leadership fight with no clear idea who would win
The enquiry results will be another argument about semantics of "what is a party" etc etc, which will again be uncomfortable but survivable unfortunately

long term is massively damaging to them, and BJ specifically, and gives plenty of sticks for the opposition to beat them with - but clearly they hope covid will go away and some kind of brexit mitigations (not really possible IMHO but they will claim so!) will save them in the long run

Soldato
I'm actually fearful of who could take over of he does go. He's an buffoon with zero morals and is just about himself but at least he has some liberal or libertarian views. I hate to think Was Patel would do as PM. That cabinet is full of people who shouldn't be anywhere near the top job.

Caporegime
Did we do bad ? It seems the UK will be the first western country for the disease to become endemic, Maybe this was long term and getting to it as quickly was possibly the only sensible solution. People should be fully aware of the risk of catching it whether thats 3 days ago or 18months ago. No easy choices at the end of the day.

Interesting that some MPs have now started mentioning that covid is endemic in the UK. It isnt. This is yet another time when its best to listen to the experts.

Just because you wish it to be so and keep saying its endemic, doesnt make it true.

Don
It all comes down to whether the Tory party - and specifically the 1922 committee - think that Johnson is an electoral asset or liability. The way the polls are rolling in at the moment it's looking like the latter.
As soon as they decide that, he's history.

Soldato
It all comes down to whether the Tory party - and specifically the 1922 committee - think that Johnson is an electoral asset or liability. The way the polls are rolling in at the moment it's looking like the latter.
As soon as they decide that, he's history.
He’s already survived this the party have made it clear nothing will happen before the investigation reports and that will be a whitewash. Boris is fine and he knows it. I will be amazed if he doesn’t lead the Conservatives at the next election love him or loath him he is a serial winner at the ballot box.

Soldato
He’s already survived this the party have made it clear nothing will happen before the investigation reports and that will be a whitewash. Boris is fine and he knows it. I will be amazed if he doesn’t lead the Conservatives at the next election love him or loath him he is a serial winner at the ballot box.

He wont be this time. People wont stand for it.

Soldato
I'm actually fearful of who could take over of he does go. He's an buffoon with zero morals and is just about himself but at least he has some liberal or libertarian views. I hate to think Was Patel would do as PM. That cabinet is full of people who shouldn't be anywhere near the top job.
We can only hope that if someone like Sunak gets in he will get rid of the lot of them and start again. They are all horribly tainted though.

Soldato
Apart from the 180,00 deaths with grieving families who will not forgive and the over 1 million with long Covid who will need support for months or lifelong in some cases.
Indeed, that's why I said 'for those of us who remain not profoundly affected by it'. When this is all said and done the numbers will be much greater than that, sadly, such is the extent of failure.

Soldato
We can only hope that if someone like Sunak gets in he will get rid of the lot of them and start again. They are all horribly tainted though.
As is Sunak. We need to get the Tories out for things to get better.

Soldato
"Socially Distanced Drinks! [OFFICIAL - SENSITIVE - No 10 ONLY]

Hi all, after what has been an incredibly busy period we thought it would be nice to make the most of the lovely weather and have some socially distanced drinks in the No 10 garden this evening.

Please join us from 6pm and bring your own booze!

Martin Reynolds"

Work meeting :cry:

Soldato
I wonder how many people followed the rules to the letter though as around my way plenty of people were having BBQs and garden party's during the lockdowns.

One of the neighbors, a nurse even had a load of people around in the hot tub.

Soldato
I wonder how many people followed the rules to the letter though as around my way plenty of people were having BBQs and garden party's during the lockdowns.

One of the neighbors, a nurse even had a load of people around in the hot tub.
The majority I should think, which is why it is so damaging to him.

Soldato
Brexit and Corbyn won bozo the election, brexit is a **** show and Corbyn is gone.

He won the mayoral elections in London against the odds and led the successful brexit campaign don’t underestimate his appeal, I even know doctors and teachers that vote for him!

40% plus of the UK population think Brexit is a success and Boris only needed a few more percentage points than that to win the last general election.