The End of Boris

Soldato
Not after this period of inflation and reduction in people's living standards we're about to go through. Becoming poorer is one sure fire way to galvanise the electorate against an encumbant Govt.
Covid has brought inflation and a rise in cost of living to the whole developed world. The cost of transport, energy and raw materials has risen, container ships are queueing at all major ports from LA to Rotterdam. China is rightly less trusted and supply lines have shortened becoming more expensive in the process. What about Brexit you may ask, but then again the UK inflation is no worse and often better than our European competition. Jobs and employment opportunities are significantly better than many. Sterling is stable and competitive for investment.
Spin it how you like the Conservative government is not responsible for inflationary pressures in the economy and the Opposition could do no better.

Soldato
I’d say the lack of increase in living quality sold by brexit will be all bundled together with the global fossil fuel price hikes. The northern voters won’t care - all they see the fact they are worse off, they will blame boris/conservatives rather than accept their own accountability.

It then comes down to conservatives highlighting the global issues but that comes down to trust and word of mouth. It seems facts are irrelevant to the northern voters only what they have been promised..

now if only we had a trustworthy and truthful prime minister.

Soldato
Covid has brought inflation and a rise in cost of living to the whole developed world. The cost of transport, energy and raw materials has risen, container ships are queueing at all major ports from LA to Rotterdam. China is rightly less trusted and supply lines have shortened becoming more expensive in the process. What about Brexit you may ask, but then again the UK inflation is no worse and often better than our European competition. Jobs and employment opportunities are significantly better than many. Sterling is stable and competitive for investment.
Spin it how you like the Conservative government is not responsible for inflationary pressures in the economy and the Opposition could do no better.

Jobs and employment opportunities are significantly better than many - I'd challenge that, it's not just about numbers it's about quality so I would be interested to see how that is backed up.

Whilst the rest is true, what about the tools the government have to hand to combat the squeeze?

They have put up tax for everyone
Remove the £20 top up
The energy cap - remains to be seen
Oh they froze the licence fee (suspected alterior motive)

Must try harder.

Soldato
If you look at the economic recovery - the EU block have out paced in terms of recovery according to the facts and figures.

Soldato
Not sure why the defection of Christian Wakeford is seen as a victory by Labour. He seems like a typical right wing racist xenophobe that the Tory faithful love to vote for.
  • He voted for the Tories Nationality and Border Bill.
  • Supported austerity
  • Voted against measures to combat climate change
  • Supported the proposed restrictions on protests
His defection is purely to retain his seat in one of the Red Wall areas and he thinks running for Labour at the next election will help that cause. Many in the Labour Party will be appalled that has been welcomed as a Labour MP.

Soldato
Not sure why the defection of Christian Wakeford is seen as a victory by Labour. He seems like a typical right wing racist xenophobe that the Tory faithful love to vote for.
  • He voted for the Tories Nationality and Border Bill.
  • Supported austerity
  • Voted against measures to combat climate change
  • Supported the proposed restrictions on protests
His defection is purely to retain his seat in one of the Red Wall areas and he thinks running for Labour at the next election will help that cause. Many in the Labour Party will be appalled that has been welcomed as a Labour MP.
I would be surprised if he remains as one. There must be a prospective parliamentary candidate whose nose has been pushed out of joint. As a Conservative voter I would have expected him to resign causing a by-election as it is still half way through the parliament but it seems he is thick skinned enough to stay, not fully trusted by any colleague from any side of the house.

Soldato
I mean the polls don't seem to agree with that assessment.
Are those the same polls that predicted Remain win and a Labour landslide. The timing of this is all around blue Monday to try to force the PM to quit.

In a few months when the sun comes out and the pandemic restrictions come to an end, very few people will care that the PM had wine and cheese in a garden.

Soldato
What about Brexit you may ask, but then again the UK inflation is no worse and often better than our European competition. Jobs and employment opportunities are significantly better than many. Sterling is stable and competitive for investment.
While you're not wrong i feel you're missing a rather key point re UK vs European inflation rates, we're a sovereign currency issuing nation, most of the EU countries are not. We're reducing inflationary pressure by increasing interest rates (from 0.10% to 0.25%) Eurozone countries don't have that freedom, it's set by the ECB (it's been 0% for something like 6 years).

Soldato
I wonder if sue gray has been promised to be recognised in the queens awards 2022 after 11 months I suspect they hope people will have forgotten about it. Either that or she is being lined up for the head of the civil service by Boris..

Soldato
In a few months when the sun comes out and the pandemic restrictions come to an end, very few people will care that the PM had wine and cheese in a garden.

I agree and as you say, there are a few of us who will care, who did follow the rules, who did lose people closest to us and it will still sting. Over a year since I lost my mum after not seeing her for the year before as I did what we were supposed to. I should live and let live but it still hurts and his actions just add insult to injury.

Soldato
Well yes there is a chance this will all fade away by the summer, including Covid who really knows.

Whatever happens it wont make Boris any more competent though so there will be an ever giving conveyor of muck until he goes.

Soldato
Boris survives another week, report should be finished next week, hopefully in the mean time we'll get some other news from media... at least for a few days.....

Then again, probably not, got to keep pushing that narrative..... or the fickle general public might forgot about it... ;)
I’d like a little bit of quiet, followed by the white wash report and Boris sounding about how he is I Innocent and vindicated etc followed by another dump of evidence of how ridiculous his behaviour has been to hopefully finally finish him off. The man is a walking talking disaster of a human being.

Soldato
Genuinely perplexed at why people who wnat a change of gonverment are wanting him to resign? Surely the longer he stays in charge and the more the Tories with their never ending sleaze and corruption are in the public sphere, the better it is for the other parties?

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. Let them keep the shovel until they are so deep they can't put it down.

Soldato
Genuinely perplexed at why people who wnat a change of gonverment are wanting him to resign? Surely the longer he stays in charge and the more the Tories with their never ending sleaze and corruption are in the public sphere, the better it is for the other parties?

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. Let them keep the shovel until they are so deep they can't put it down.

unfortunately with a majority the damage is undiscussed and unvetted.

Caporegime

Agreed but the longer it goes the more democracy destroying legislation they'll bring in, destruction of British institutions and **** in our rivers.

Top Bottom