The End of Boris

Soldato
You can't be serious, are you really suggesting that, when a project gets approval, that the finances or details of the project never change? Ever?

If you think planning permission that was due to be sought for the school early this year can't be cancelled then you're living in cloud cuckoo land.
No what I am saying is that there is a defined paper trail and if the project gets cancelled and there is a complaint similar to what is being stated, you can bet that the house authorities, relevant select committees will be all over it.
It is not worth the hassle to do something like this to blackmail one recalcitrant MP. You can give him a crap office next to the toilets, refuse him promotion, but risk being found out cancelling his local high school project when it has been approved up to that point. No way.

Go with believing the guy, I don't.

Soldato
No what I am saying is that there is a defined paper trail and if the project gets cancelled and there is a complaint similar to what is being stated, you can bet that the house authorities, relevant select committees will be all over it.
It is not worth the hassle to do something like this to blackmail one recalcitrant MP. You can give him a crap office next to the toilets, refuse him promotion, but risk being found out cancelling his local high school project when it has been approved up to that point. No way.

Go with believing the guy, I don't.
And what I'm saying is there's no way to know what the reason for cancelling a project would be unless someone tells you what the reason is or you're a mind reader. By your own admission a cancellation of the project would only be looked into now the complaint has been made, and the complaints only gotten the amount of airtime that it has because of the way in which it was made, from an MP who recently defected.

You can believe whatever you like, however personally I'll believe what someone says until such a time as there's evidence to show that i shouldn't..you've provided no reason not to take him at his word. Even Boris didn't take him at his word, he did pretty much the same as you've done, dismissed it out of hand without even attempting to gather evidence that would either support or refute the claim.

Man of Honour
The pitiful defense of a bunch of proven liars and cheats is unbelievable.

There is an interesting illustration of Boris ******* on the COVID Memorial Wall - which figuratively he has done - he could literally do that and some would still defend him.

Soldato
He simply has to go if it's true that some Tory MPs are being bribed or coerced by government whips.
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...said-to-have-accused-party-whips-of-blackmail

Labour MP - "We are meant to operate as MPs without fear or favour. The allocation of taxpayer funding to constituencies should be according to need, not according to the need to keep the prime minister in his job". It's potentially a serious breach of the law, but one that could be tough to prove.

Last edited:
Soldato
It is truely criminal what this government are doing.
Two councils in England represented by Tory ministers have received money under the government’s flagship “levelling-up” fund despite being among the least deprived fifth of local authorities nationwide.

The health secretary Sajid Javid’s constituency of Bromsgrove got £14.5m in the first announced tranche of cash under the scheme.

Central Bedfordshire, which received £26.7m in levelling-up funding for transport improvements and a community wellbeing hub, is partly represented by Nadine Dorries, the culture secretary.

Lewes council, which is represented by the Conservative MP Maria Caulfield, received the ninth-largest per capita award despite being among the least deprived 40% of local authorities. Lewes received funding for local seafood industries and will also benefit from an East Sussex bid for a new road bridge in Seaford.

A number of areas of high deprivation received large awards, including Burnley and Stoke-on-Trent, which got £19.9m and £56m respectively.

Soldato
What do these crooks spend the money on then? Can't an investigation be done to ascertain why they were for funded and not other deprived areas?
Yes Im sure the Tories will get on with that once all the other investigations are finished. Maybe get Owen Patterson to head it.

Soldato
I'm not sure why Wragg is going to the police at this stage. I thought blackmail and bullying was what the standards committee deals with? (I think there is still an on-going investigation in to Bercow).

Though it is probably a sign of a Tory implosion.

Unless Boris can get back on track before the May (?) council elections his 'winning' record will be on the line.

Don
Unless Boris can get back on track before the May (?) council elections his 'winning' record will be on the line.

By May all this will be forgotten about. The Tories will still get punished badly but not because of Boris. I fully expect the cost of living rises to have started to hit hard by then and the government will be punished for it.

Soldato
By May all this will be forgotten about. The Tories will still get punished badly but not because of Boris. I fully expect the cost of living rises to have started to hit hard by then and the government will be punished for it.
Anytime the pockets of the masses are hurting then that usually spells the end for whomever is in power.

Although Labour are absolutely awful currently, it's a difficult one to call.

Soldato
I'm expecting a 'let them eat cake!' outburst in the HoC from Rees Mogg.

Caporegime
Still think that Cummings is waiting for Gray to absolve the PM before he releases his magnum opus which for him would be taking out two birds at the same time. In doing so he would be eviscerating a senior mandarin which works towards his principle aim of dismantling Whitehall and getting revenge against the PM for being useless.

Caporegime
Still think that Cummings is waiting for Gray to absolve the PM before he releases his magnum opus which for him would be taking out two birds at the same time. In doing so he would be eviscerating a senior mandarin which works towards his principle aim of dismantling Whitehall and getting revenge against the PM for being useless.

Not going to lie, would enjoy that. Did it ever come out who leaked the Hancock video? Wonder if there is a Boris "work meeting" video too.

Soldato

Apparently the full report is not going to be released presumably because it might actually incriminate the person who employed her.

"oh, you expected the report to say something bad about me? Sorry it was only intended to exonerate me, anything else must be suppressed"

Soldato
Apparently the full report is not going to be released presumably because it might actually incriminate the person who employed her.

"oh, you expected the report to say something bad about me? Sorry it was only intended to exonerate me, anything else must be suppressed"

As if it was going to be any different!

Caporegime
This might actually be it, the telegraph suggesting he could resign this week:

"Put it this way, if Boris Johnson is still Prime Minister by the end of the week, I'd be very surprised."

aEwSqhY.jpg

Top Bottom