1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The English Channel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fatboy123, 25 Nov 2021.

1. [email protected]

Capodecina

Should of stayed in France or legally applied to come here it should be a lesson for others but it won't.

2. [email protected]

Capodecina

Yes who can blame then France is bloody horrible!

3. Terminal_Boy

Capodecina

That Allah bloke is a mean bugger, isn’t he?

4. [email protected]

Capodecina

Deluded.

5. Hades

Caporegime

Whatever the rights or wrongs of migrants wanting to come here, Johnson has once again shown his utter incompetence and Macron is acting like a little baby throwing his toys out of his pram. Disgraceful.

Last edited: 27 Nov 2021
  6. cheesyboy

Capodecina

This is the sort of time where the chickens come home to roost after Johnson's petulant attitude toward EU leaders through his Brexit stewardship, and the big hit UK/French diplomacy took with the Aussie nuclear subs deal. Johnson is utter **** at international diplomacy

7. Slam62

Sgarrista

Reading the bbc story about the poor woman, one of the problems seems to be the ones who have succeeded and are living comfortably in the UK.
    Obviously she was keen to join her friends, the picture of life they gave must have been very different to that experienced as a Kurd in Northern Iraq.

On reflection, I think they need to be held in a civilised processing centre of some sort, before they get as far as trying to cross.

8. Enkore

Gangster

France doesn't seem too eager to stop them. Its almost like they are pulling half belarus at this point.

Last edited: 27 Nov 2021
  9. dowie

Capo Crimine

You were questioning Foxeyes views on this based on lack of migrants in Cornwall - what relevance does the lack of migrants in Cornwall have here? Why is this debate mostly "emotional hand-wringing" - what do you mean by that? What is the relevance of "actual experience" - can people not be concerned about this situation regardless?

10. [email protected]

Capodecina

Send them back

11. mjt

Capodecina

[​IMG]

12. joey1211

Mobster

13. danlightbulb

Soldato

Not much at all.

Why should I have sympathy for these people? It's not just foreigners either, far from it, it applies to a good chunk of the UK population as well.

14. [email protected]

Capodecina

Don't do the crime if can't do the time/risk

15. cheesyboy

Capodecina

Every convicted criminal, presumably.

16. BowdonUK

Soldato

Can someone explain to me why the political class in this country seem to act like we've had a great relationship with France?

France as attempted to stifle us at every opportunity, yet there seems to be this constant attempt in this country to paint France as an exemptional ally of ours. Since WW2 when we literally saved them and allowed their leader to broadcast resistance messages from London across France, they have tripped us up every step of the way.

The way Macron is acting is entirely inline with most other French leaders. It's not a surprise. I don't understand their hostility to us in the same way I don't understand the political classes admiration for them.

17. [email protected]

Capodecina

Sod France

18. robfosters

Caporegime

Indeed, I shall boycott French products by swapping my weekly round of Boursin for a nice British cheddar, and I won’t be voting for David Ginola to win I’m a celeb.

That’ll teach em!

19. 200sols

Sgarrista

Well I'll still be buying French cheese and wine, sorry guys :cry:

20. robfosters

Caporegime

Traitor :mad: