The English Channel

Soldato
How criminal does one have to be for you to lose all sympathy for them dying prematurely ?

I'm not sure they need to be criminal at all. It's a poor life choice to choose fleeing a safe country to take such a risk as crossing the Channel in an inappropriate vessel. What's more is that they've passed up the opportunity to settle in any one of 26 other countries in the EU that are also safe havens and some of which they would also have travelled through to get to France. It's far from good parenting to have dragged your offspring many many miles across the EU and then to spend weeks or months living outside in an encampment in Calais. These children are also missing time that they should be attending schooling. If the EU and/or France don't want these immigrants then they should manage their borders effectively. We shouldn't be forced to take these people due to the EU not managing it's borders effectively.

We should have made continuing rights to return these people part of our Brexit agreement. I think if France isn't going to be doing the right thing in facing up to this being their responsibility to prevent then we should charge the EU for dealing with this rather than throwing money at France. Perhaps in retrospect we should arrange some sort of chargeback and offset it against fishing licences issued.

Soldato
Round them up on the beach once we have a boat full sail to the middle East pay the money we currently give to France to port to unload them and rinse repeat.
The constant trip will whittle they numbers down

Caporegime
Round them up on the beach once we have a boat full sail to the middle East pay the money we currently give to France to port to unload them and rinse repeat.
The constant trip will whittle they numbers down

If hypothetically they found you on the beach with no ID, you're alright with being loaded onto a boat to a country you have no connection to?

Soldato
Well I'll still be buying French cheese and wine, sorry guys :cry:
I will still have baked camembert but maybe the cornish one if I find it. Wine I do not drink often preferring a decent craft beer.

Macron is a prat though. Remember the AstraZeneca quote. He has a hard on about Brexit and is deflecting his electoral problems onto Britain. However we have always had a bit of history with France being so close.

Caporegime
I will still have baked camembert but maybe the cornish one if I find it. Wine I do not drink often preferring a decent craft beer.

Macron is a prat though. Remember the AstraZeneca quote. He has a hard on about Brexit and is deflecting his electoral problems onto Britain. However we have always had a bit of history with France being so close.
He is the finest example of the Napoleon complex

Soldato
Man, it's a tough situation, it's almost like if you're too lenient you increase the numbers and actually make things worse. I just feel awful for those poor kids, I've got two young ones, the thought of their fear in the dark water just freezes my brain.

Back
Top Bottom