1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The English Channel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fatboy123, 25 Nov 2021.

1. [email protected]

Capodecina

It doesn't matter
    You have a problem with the Chinese tourturing Minorities? I mean come on it doesn't effect you, so why care?

2. StriderX

Caporegime

Well there's been drownings in the past and they continue to come, so clearly it's not that much of a deterrent.

Unless you're proposing we mass murder them?

I can already see the articles in the papers showing the dead children floating in the water.

3. Roar87

Sgarrista

I guess if Russia or China wanted to invade us they could simply send their Marines over in dinghies and we'd bring them ashore and probably provide with them a hot meal and £37

4. Lord-Jaffa

Soldato

And medical care/housing/clothing etc, the 37 a week thing is to distract from the true burden these people are on our society.

5. StriderX

Caporegime

Well if they're usually young, then medical care is likely to cost not much at all if anything. Clothing is probably all donated I'd imagine, or hope so anyway. Housing is the eminent problem, but I think repairing some disused army barracks would resolve that assuming they haven't been knocked down.

6. arknor

Caporegime

yea dont worry about the NHS, Dental/GP shortages or the strain already on all the systems in place that clearly can't cope.

pretend there is no housing crisis etc and let them all in.

it's not like we are still in austerity is it? oh wait we are and inflation is about to hit hard

https://www.nao.org.uk/work-in-progress/nhs-backlogs-and-waiting-times/

7. StriderX

Caporegime

All those issues sounds like negligent governments to me, perhaps purposefully negligent in an attempt to bamboozle and hoodwink voters.

8. arknor

Caporegime

maybe you should go to France and warn the migrants they have been bamboozled so they don't need to get on a boat

also what you said makes no sense

9. StriderX

Caporegime

Why does it not make sense for governments with a stake in the housing crisis to keep it running by incompetently handling immigration and then blaming the immigrants for it?

I think it's worked out quite well for the establishment.

10. Jimbeam3678

Capodecina

I’d argue, quite strongly as a human race we should be doing our upmost to give asylum seekers the best possible chance to help themselves become self sufficient and not claiming state benefits. Treat people like second class citizens in general they will behave like one.

Not all the answers but have a read of this book and it’s certainly food for thought. Clearly with these type of things you have to read between the lines but if nothing else the current way is not working .. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Utopia-Realists-How-Can-There/dp/1408890267

11. thenewoc

Sgarrista

They're treating themselves as second class citizens since they've had plenty of opportunity to end living in cold squalid conditions long before they reached France.

12. thenewoc

Sgarrista

They're hardly going to build new free housing by borrowing more since that is Labour's territory. These asylum seekers aren't contributing to tax receipts so it would be everyone else footing the bill to build homes for them. This is where you're missing the point of putting existing citizens first before taking on more.

13. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Well you are happy to see them drowned, so they must have had a major impact on your life.

Or are you just a Sociopath?

14. StriderX

Caporegime

Well if they don't speak French, German or any other continental language, it's pretty pointless even trying to apply for asylum in those countries. Plenty of ex-French colonies do in fact apply in France for asylum, so clearly the language barrier is a problem.

Then make them contribute to tax receipts?

Just remove the limit on taxable income for them until their application is successful, surely better than letting them run around the black market instead?

15. Jimbeam3678

Capodecina

I knew it was fruitless task getting involved in this thread :p

16. thenewoc

Sgarrista

They're never going to do that to the extent they'd be making a positive contribution when you factor in the cost of providing housing. If they're unskilled then they'd likely pay nothing or next to nothing in income taxation.

17. thenewoc

Sgarrista

Well it's a dumb suggestion that they'd be better off here rather than claim asylum in the first country they encounter. If they were fleeing persecution then that ceased when they crossed the border into the EU.

18. thenewoc

Sgarrista

They can be taught to speak German or French etc as appropriate to where they claim asylum as they'd likely have to learn a new language where ever they pitch up. It's still not our problem what languages these people may or may not speak.

19. [email protected]

Capodecina

All good then?
    So short sighted it hurts.

20. [email protected]

Capodecina

Misanthrope.