The EU Migrant Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate

Hah, an online poll used as some kind of credible source? Getting a bit desperate are we?

The poll, which asked in Arabic “Do you support the organising victories of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS)?” has attracted almost 60,000 votes.

Shockingly, 81.3 per cent – or 61,145 people – voted yes to the question, in support of the Islamic extremists.

Wait, so 61k people voted yes in a poll that has got almost 60k votes? Righto.

Pro-ISIS Twitter accounts are thought to be promoting the poll and asking followers to vote in support of the extremist group.

Online polls are useful, am I right?

Caporegime
Here's some stats from Pew.

http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-overview/

I'm not going to pick and choose stats, just going to post the whole thing.

Look at the attitude towards shariah from people in the ME and Asia, places where these immigrants are coming from.

>50% support death for those who leave islam.
>50% believe shariah should apply to non-muslims too.
>70% believe shariah should be official state law.

The numbers for EU muslims are significantly less, in fairness. But these are not the people we're importing here...

e: >50% say western music, movies and TV are harmful and immoral. Nice.

American Muslims are even more likely than Muslims in other countries to firmly reject violence in the name of Islam. In the U.S., about eight-in-ten Muslims (81%) say that suicide bombing and similar acts targeting civilians are never justified. Across the globe, a median of roughly seven-in-ten Muslims (72%) agrees.

So 19% of US muslims believe suicide bombing of civilians can be justified. 28% globally.

Perhaps you can tell us now how this Pew report is compromised too.

Last edited:
Soldato
The numbers for EU muslims are significantly less, in fairness. But these are not the people we're importing here...

With the exception of a few converts, all of these EU Muslims are migrants or decedents of migrants. People clearly do integrate over time. These new immigrants will be no different.

Associate
Interesting demonstration in Austria at the weekend, not for sheer size in comparison to the German anti ********** marches, but for the ratio of pro-migrant to anti. Pro refugee demonstrators numbered about 20, versus around 600 opposed to the madness. 3 months ago would have seen a shower of bleeding heart luvvies waving them all in. Times are changing.

Soldato
And no comment on the finding that 1/5 US muslims thinks suicide bombing civilian targets can be justified.

I've met many American Christians who that think killing civilians is justified. They've explained with glee (to a total stranger!) how they'd solve the Middle East crisis. How are these 20% of American Muslims any different?

How can I be sure that these new immigrants will integrate? Generations of evidence that post-war immigrants to the UK have integrated. Why would this new influx be any different? Our track record at integration is a lot better than France's. We don't dump immigrants in ghettos on the edge of cities.

Soldato
Japan and Australia are the models we should follow. Keep the hordes outside your gates. Protect yourselves.

Australia only has it "better" than us by virtue of being harder to get to. Without even mention the issues they have with the indigenous population, it also still has a rising immigrant population with plenty of similar headlines to what you see in the UK:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...ds-cse&usg=AFQjCNF5HGXh-yiNDi1Vzq-mwgu9YW1Z4Q

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...ds-cse&usg=AFQjCNF1A6f8g40OfDD-p5OWFnbPv2wG1A

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/opi...ds-cse&usg=AFQjCNHuJYjey9q3x9kvvOf1FcEWao9grg

The debate there is the same as it is here, about assimilation rather than keeping people out. It's easy to believe the grass is always greener, but your post bears the hallmarks of someone that knows very little about life in Australia.

Soldato
I've met many American Christians who that think killing civilians is justified. They've explained with glee (to a total stranger!) how they'd solve the Middle East crisis. How are these 20% of American Muslims any different?

How can I be sure that these new immigrants will integrate? Generations of evidence that post-war immigrants to the UK have integrated. Why would this new influx be any different? Our track record at integration is a lot better than France's. We don't dump immigrants in ghettos on the edge of cities.

The earlier post-war immigrants came from Commonwealth or former Commonwealth nations that had many shared traditions and values with Britain. And they didn't arrive here expecting to be handed everything on plate.

Compare and contrast with the more recent arrivals from Somali.

Soldato
Somaliland != Somalia. Infinitely nicer place and people (perhaps because they were a British protectorate).

Somaliland is part of modern-day Somalia. The rest of Somilia was under the control of other European powers. I would imagine that the majority of the Somalians in Britain are from Somaliland (though I'd love to see some stats to prove/disprove that).

Last edited:
Caporegime

OK, let's assume those people are serious about nuking the ME. So what do you think is going to happen, when (on a massive scale, remember) you mix muslims who dislike the west, and western natives who dislike islam? When a significant % on both sides think violence is the answer?

You say integration, we're saying... something else.

Associate

The amount of Muslims that support death for adultery and death for leaving Islam is in the hundreds of millions. You can't call it a peaceful religion no matter how you slice it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom