US: The Expanse - ** Please use spoiler tags for reveals with TV show or books**

Soldato
I only found this series about 3 weeks ago and I've been slowly working through it on Netflix. All I can say is WOW!! What a series! They've done an incredible job with the realism, CGI and casting. Such a shame S1 was short and and I've got wait for S2.

Favourite part so far has to be when they're escaping the mars vessel and take the gunship. As it's leaving the dock and traversing to the docking bay door, the mini guns on the exterior, 4-5 IIRC, going nuts...that was a truly outstanding action scene.

Being on S2!!

Associate
Thankfully its finally made its way to the UK if only through Netflix, its a start. Really love the look and feel. Just watched through again on Netflix and looking forward to S2, might read the books in the meantime.

Soldato
Started watching this as a twitch streamer I watch recommended it, but 5 episodes in and I'm ready to give up on it. I was promised the next best thing to Battlestar Galactica, but so far its not a patch on it.

Also the main male character seems to only know how to act like someone whos lost his glasses as he never seems to stop squinting.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Watched the first series yesterday afternoon.

I prefer Dark Matter tbh, but its still watchable if a little depressing in its outlook and the characters never laugh or smile.

Associate
Started watching this as a twitch streamer I watch recommended it, but 5 episodes in and I'm ready to give up on it. I was promised the next best thing to Battlestar Galactica, but so far its not a patch on it.

Also the main male character seems to only know how to act like someone whos lost his glasses as he never seems to stop squinting.

Keep going, it'll be worth it.

Man of Honour

Its no BSG not even close, I found it quite interesting though once I got 2-3 episodes in so if you are 5 in and not feeling it then it probably isn't going to improve for you.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Never warmed up to it - yes, it looked good, cast was decent, but funny thing is I can't remember a single thing about it after watching season 1. Not a single scene, not a piece of the plot, not a twist, a name, nothing - not a single memorable thing. It's all NCIS in space in my mind - pulp, mush, samey, indifferent.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Never warmed up to it - yes, it looked good, cast was decent, but funny thing is I can't remember a single thing about it after watching season 1. Not a single scene, not a piece of the plot, not a twist, a name, nothing - not a single memorable thing. It's all NCIS in space in my mind - pulp, mush, samey, indifferent.

lol exactly how I feel

But I have to admit while I did not like too much from it, it did look quite scifi and interesting at times but far too much going on for me to remember character's and plots.

I think like many people said if you read the book it makes much better sense.

To me its not been done so well, if you look at GoT for example you have multiple story arcs going on in 4-5 different places in the realm, all are simple and make sense yet interconnect with each other. Expanse tried to do it but just failed imo.

Associate
I think it's ep8 or 9 that'll bring a lot of the plot points together showing what is actually going on by going back to the beginning and showing events from a pov you haven't seen yet.

I rather liked it but they may have been a bit ambitious trying to cram so much in the first season. Could have built the world (or solar system) a bit more gradually. Some characters in there that aren't even in book 1 and the first season only got through 3/4s of that!

Back
Top Bottom