1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Expanse

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by clockwork.satan, 25 Jan 2016.

1. Converge

Soldato

I guess because it's one a week or so, which stretches it until February too.

2. theone8181

Soldato

I think its because I've just seen the trailer for lost in space which I'm sure was further away. They've done well to keep a series a year through covid, I know it's been more than a little disruptive (not wanting to derail the thread with the health side). I'm intruded what direction they take it as imo there's very little filler like what you get in other series.

3. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

6 episode run for the final season :(

https://www.darkhorizons.com/the-expanse-s6-plans-intense-short-run/

4. TNA

Capodecina

:(

Weird. Bezos saves the show, but then it does not last long anyways. Based on the amount of books I thought there would be a lot more to come. For me Season 3 was the best by far. 4 was crap and 5 was decent. Hopefully 6 is very good.

5. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

I understand the reason for not doing books 7-9 is the time jump, however this far in the future folks are living well into their hundreds. The time jump could be done quite easily with some subtle but effective makeup.

I didn't mind S4, it was the start of the 2nd trilogy so was always going to be a bit slower, it was one of my favourites of the books though so had pre-bias before the series aired.

6. SPG

Sgarrista

Or you do what they have already in the script for TV and ignore it.....

7. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

Just a shame to shelve the final books, barely scratched the surface of the proto-molecule/builders story and later books hugely expand on it, this is just going to be an afterthought in the TV series.

8. Illuminist

Soldato

They mentioned that in a few years they will finish the series with the same actors, and until then they might do some side stories instead

9. mid_gen

Capodecina

I started reading the books recently....as I can't stand the actors in the TV show.

Have to say, the series is pretty much a line by line faithful adaptation, which is good. The books themselves are pretty trashy fiction but entertaining enough. Think I'll stick to the books...

10. Washout

Wise Guy

They're great fast reads, perfect for a commute - so not done much reading recently! Only issue for me is I read them so fast that I've forgotten half the events in it 6 months later. So ironically they're almost better the 2nd time around ;)

11. Illuminist

Soldato

The audio books are absolutely amazing too, the narrator is top notch, he does all the accents and the belter creole

12. Itchytrigg

Wise Guy

Ty has said several times on twitter the time jump is not an issue if they wanted to carry on. I forget his reasons around it stopping here though… I too would love the next trilogy to be explored, hope the final book nails the ending.

He’s also got a hatred of spin offs and prequels so they’re unlikely.

13. Illuminist

Soldato

He meant the novellas, and I remember reading in an interview that he wanted to wait a few years to not have to use prosthetics and grey hair spray as it would look terrible

14. PlacidCasual

Soldato

Watching Season 5 for the first time. Quite enjoying it. Some of the changes are for the better certainly Naomi is less selfish than she was in the book when she leaves Tycho. But don't think the plot on the Pella has quite the right impact, it doesn't feel like it's leading to it's conclusion as well as the book. Everything else is pretty good.

15. Nickl245

Associate

It's a really, really good show. I intend to read the books after the TV show concludes. Season 4 felt really out of place though, at least 5 got back on track, drawn-out though it felt at times.

16. SPG

Sgarrista

AMOS and Peaches are the best thing in it, for some reason the actor who plays Holden is just not Holden in the book for me.

Has the final booked dropped yet ? Too lazy to look :)

17. Washout

Wise Guy

End of the month I think, or maybe next? Soon anyway!

18. bad_ass_neil

Hitman

16th Nov for the book release

19. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

Be a longer wait for me as I only have chance to read at work and can't take digital devices in, so i'll be waiting for the paperback.

20. Kyo

Soldato

Final season coming soon. Can't wait!