The F.A. Cup Final 2006 Thread Liverpool vs West Ham *SPOILERS*

Soldato
Well, the final of the second most important cup competition in club football takes place tomorrow in sunny Cardiff for the last time.

Liverpool go there on the back of 11 straight victories and having knocked out both Chelsea and Man United on the way. That would make them strong favourites but we all remember Wimbledon.

West Ham can play some good football and have some dangerous players in Benayoun, Harewood, Ashton and Reo-Coker.

Should be a quality cup final, both sets of fans know how to enjoy themselves and both teams will be up for it. Watch out for some cracking banners with typical Scouse wit.

I am leaving this afternoon about 2pm and staying just outside Cardiff then staying in Cardiff itself tomorrow night. Anyone else going off here?

C'MON THE MIGHTY REDMEN

Associate
FACupFinal2006_L.jpg

The FA Cup Final
3pm, Saturday 13 May 2006
Millennium Stadium, Cardiff
Winning club receives £1,000,000

Referee: Alan Wiley
Assistants: Peter Kirkup and Darren Cann
Fourth Official: Phil Dowd.

Team Colours
Liverpool: Red shirts, Red shorts, Red socks
West Ham United: White shirts, White shorts, White Socks

Dressing Rooms
Liverpool: North dressing room
West Ham United: South dressing room

Guest of Honour: Prince William

For a seating plan of the Millennium Stadium, click here

Soldato
Youstolemyname said:
Liverpool go there on the back of 11 straight victories and having knocked out both Chelsea and Man United on the way. That would make them strong favourites but we all remember Wimbledon.
And Liverpool beat West Ham away 1-2 a couple of weeks ago, possibly giving them an edge. It's the cup final and anything could happen, though. So West Ham have a chance, but it's hard to see past a Liverpool win IMO. West Ham have some good players but I think Liverpool have the better team.

I predict a 2-1 win for Liverpool again.

Associate
Travel Information

Football fans heading for the FA Cup final at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff are being advised by the Highways Agency to check their route for possible delays before they travel and to allow plenty of time for their journeys.

Motorways and major roads leading to Cardiff are likely to be busy both before and after the game on Saturday 13 May. The match between Liverpool and West Ham United is due to kick off at 15:00 BST.

Supporters heading south from Liverpool are advised to use the M6, M5, M4 and then cross into Wales via the M4 or M48 Severn Crossings.

This is because of resurfacing work on the M50 in Worcestershire and the A40 in Monmouthshire which is likely to cause delays.

Supporters heading west from London on the M4 are advised of narrow lanes and 50 mph speed limit between Junctions 18 - 19 (Bath/Bristol) because of works to install a new driver information system.

On the M48 Severn Bridge, there are narrow lanes and 40 mph speed limit on the bridge during cable inspections.

Drivers are reminded that both the M48 Severn Bridge and M4 Second Severn Crossing are tolled on the westward direction, and that only cash can be accepted as payment.

The Highways Agency, which manages motorways and major roads in England, advises drivers to check their travel routes in advance, and to keep up-to-date with the latest road conditions using travel bulletins on radio while they are on the road.

Drivers can get up-to-the-minute advice about roadworks and travelling conditions on the English motorway and trunk road network by phoning the Highways Agency Information Line on 08457 504030. Information is also available on the web at www.highways.gov.uk

MS-Header-2006-a.jpg

Don
Mr_L said:
And Liverpool beat West Ham away 1-2 a couple of weeks ago
That was with Liverpool resting 7 or 8 of there would be starting 11, compared to West Ham resting 3 or 4.
Anyway my totally unbiased opinion: 3-0 Liverpool
Can see it being similar to the Carling Cup final; going ahead early, being a close game for the next hour then getting hit on the break a couple of times towards the end.

Last edited:
Soldato
aumz said:
Isn't there a jinx on the south dressing room, whoever gets it always looses.

This is true, but Liverpool are in the jinxed hotel, so its swings and roundabouts.

Obviously i predict a Liverpool win, but it wont be an easy one, i say 2-1. Just absolutely gutted i wont be there to see it because of the stolen ticket fiasco. :(

Soldato
alan wiley was at my house last night giving mum and dad their tickets :) they dont even support either team (both united fans) but it'll be a nice day out for them I assume.

Soldato
Stats and quality of its team show Liverpool will win but our good run has to stop somewhere and it could be tomorrow.

It's a final and West Ham will be a tougher team to beat. I've a feeling West Ham might nick the win and it will be one of those games were a goal will be needed to get the game really going.

Permabanned
If Ashton is playing I think West Ham have a chance, a lot of people think Liverpool will walk it but West Ham are a decent team.

Might have £25 on West Ham.

Back
Top Bottom