1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The FA CUP Fifth Round ** Spoilers ** [2nd - 5th March 2020]

Discussion in 'The Football Stadium' started by Cosimo, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Cosimo

Man of Honour

[​IMG] Fifth Round Proper

2. robfosters

Caporegime

Decent lineup from us tonight. Mari making his debut. Hopefully this will be a panic free night.

3. explicit4u

Sgarrista

Well that’s our DM gone for the season if it’s as bad as it looks!

4. robfosters

Caporegime

PAPA!

5. The_One

Capodecina

|Best way to bounce back

Hopefully we continue this now, win our game in hand and were level with spurs and right in the mix for European qualification again

6. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

Sigh, another serious injury (unless it somehow wasn’t but it looked bad). Bit of a slow start but grew into the game and the goals were well-taken, although probably just as well Pompey made half a dozen changes as it made it a little easier. Good volley from Papa and a typical Eddie goal. Mari slotted in okay although given the amount of time/space the players had most of the time it’s hard to say much.

I think it’s safe to say at this point Arteta does not fancy AMN at all in any way and nothing he’s doing in training is convincing him otherwise.

7. Flaevius

Hitman

Torreira is ostensibly fine according to match commentary. The way he fell, I thought it may be a stomach muscle pull or possibly a cracked rib, but not serious.

Reasonable performance to get the job done after a languid start: nice goal from Sokratis and fortunate one from Nketiah, but Martinez wasn't overly troubled and Portsmouth never looked likely to fight back. Nelson looked sharp after a prolonged absence.

Re: Maitland-Niles, I am not surprised Arteta has iced him. He isn't good enough in any position, a level or three below most of the younger crop. A direct comparison is Saka: equally out of position at fullback but plays a progressive game, has good interplay and a lot of production, and hasn't been found wanting defensively. Then you have Maitland-Niles: careless in possession, inconsistent in attacking areas, and defensively weak. I don't care for players who just run around a lot, but AMN never seems like he is really expending for the team, he's far too relaxed.

8. Mark1989

Capodecina

Adrian, Williams, Van Dijk, Gomez, Robertson, Fabinho, Lallana, Jones, Minamino, Mane, Origi

Happy with that line up although I'd of gone with ox myself in middle

9. chroniclard

Capodecina

Hmm, anyone watching via iplayer website, barely works for me. BBC is usually decent stream....

10. Mark1989

Capodecina

Adrian does a brilliant save to them gift them a goal :(

11. robfosters

Caporegime

Lol Adrian!

12. Pigeon_Killer

Caporegime

Poor from Adrian but you expect the odd mistake from him, you don't from Fabinho who still looks a mile off match fitness.

13. Mark1989

Capodecina

He has been off it for weeks now, doesn't seem to be getting better with each game though which is strange if it's just fitness issues

14. Mark1989

Capodecina

Well that's just insane, kepa should of been beaten there but saved the lot! :(

15. Pigeon_Killer

Caporegime

Maybe not match fitness but definitely sharpness, he wants too long on the ball.

16. adam cool dude

Sgarrista

Why isn't Klopp playing a full strength team here? I guess he just wants champions league then.

17. Pigeon_Killer

Caporegime

I think so although I'm surprised so many first team players are involved.

18. Mark1989

Capodecina

Minamino looks really sharp so far, good runs and working well too

19. omnomnom

Soldato

You have to play the Lallanas at some point in the season so why not now?

20. Mark1989

Capodecina

Origi just isn't good enough