US: The Flash (2014)

Caporegime
It's significantly better though it's technically not a CW show, just airs on there which explains the improved production values and writing. Really enjoyed S2.

Soldato
I was determined to see this crap through to the end, purely on principle and because I'd suffered for so long, but I had to give give up when they had a sword fight with lightning lightsabres.

Soldato
They went there again for the finale, but this time with Palpatine 'unlimited power' lightning.
Watched it as well (without knowing what the season is about, for the first time in years), still Flash vs. Reverse Flash, wondered if they were going to do the famous "Barry snaps Thawne's neck" moment from the comics but no, they didn't.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Not seen last few but media is confirming the flash season 9 is the last and pretty much the death of the entire Arrowverse,
superman and lois is set on another earth and not the same as they one we have seen for past few years.

Soldato
Not seen last few but media is confirming the flash season 9 is the last and pretty much the death of the entire Arrowverse,
superman and lois is set on another earth and not the same as they one we have seen for past few years.
DC comics and Paramount+ signed deals to make TV shows for the stream service so it was clear that all existing DC shows were going to get cancelled or finished.

We might finally get better quality DC shows though.

Reactions: R3X
Associate
season 9 is the last season of flash plus it going to be only 13 episodes long. no news yet weather stargirl season 3 which air soon or superman and lois season 3 which goes into production soon will be there last season for those series.

Associate
Well RIP arrowverse.

I'd pretend to be sad, but frankly Flash desperately needed to evolve 5 seasons ago, and yet despite being the most experienced meta in the universe we still had Barry treated like a week one rookie who needs a Star Labs Corridor pep talk if he gets asked "pepsi or coke?"

Soldato
Well RIP arrowverse.

I'd pretend to be sad, but frankly Flash desperately needed to evolve 5 seasons ago, and yet despite being the most experienced meta in the universe we still had Barry treated like a week one rookie who needs a Star Labs Corridor pep talk if he gets asked "pepsi or coke?"

Does he still has his ass handed to him by any random villain until he figures out how to defeat them using 20 people's help?

Soldato
Does he still has his ass handed to him by any random villain until he figures out how to defeat them using 20 people's help?

It went back to whatever version of speedster they decide to start with before it being one of multiple versions of Wells towards the end of a season. So much potential but it always went back to the same thing.

It needed to end many seasons ago, but we've had 9 seasons of the TV show in the same amount of time it's taken them to finally get around to filming and releasing the Flash movie that got announced back in 2014 with this.

Associate
well just read warner bro but the hold on batgirl it won't be released in theaters or hbo max, article also stated that all filming was complete and it was in post-production phase, lead actress was having talks with director about sequel movie, then warner bro hit the kill button. the flash movie also mention might be killed as trouble with lead actor.

Soldato
well just read warner bro but the hold on batgirl it won't be released in theaters or hbo max, article also stated that all filming was complete and it was in post-production phase, lead actress was having talks with director about sequel movie, then warner bro hit the kill button. the flash movie also mention might be killed as trouble with lead actor.
You know it was an utter trainwreck if they wont even release it on streaming, 70 million wasted. Maybe they are learning.

Caporegime
Wow about the Batgirl film, $90m spaffed away. Apparently Fraser as Firefly and JK Simmons as Gordan received positive reviews in the test screenings. I'm thinking Batgirl herself was one of the things that sunk it.

They could have quietly released it along with an embargo like a lot of other bad films but something about this must have been exceptionally bad.

Don
But of a shame as this was Fraser’s big comeback role I think.

Going to be an even bigger loss on the Flash film, I can’t believe they are considering releasing it in the current climate given how quick they are to remove people for minor grievances.

Back
Top Bottom