1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The folly of the modern world laid bare

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ritcH, Apr 8, 2020.

1. dirtybeatfreak

Mobster

You know, you really don't help your cause by constantly insulting the people that you're trying to convince your so called facts are what we should all believe.

2. adolf hamster

Soldato

so the author has managed to fill a small phd thesis worth of paper with references that he has read, understood, and believes back up his point sufficiently if placed under scrutiny?

have any of these references cited the authors work? have they reviewed it?

3. ritcH

Gangster

True but it’s harder than you think being intelligent in the face of pure ignorance.

4. JRS

Capodecina

Yeah, but you've read some of them, right? I mean, you must have done so if you're going to call the book 'well researched'. Right? :)

So, please pick one of the ones that you read and post up a link.

5. Brizzles

Soldato

Someone invented Influenza ?

6. d_brennen

Capodecina

Must be hard! Whatever happened to being less emotional and more rational?

7. bazzabear

Wise Guy

OK, so you completely disagree with what you have told us is one of the central tenets of this book. Yet you still call it well researched and consider what it says to be accurate and truthful?

Does the book offer any suggestions at all for a mechanism for how electricity is causing influenza, diabetes and cancer? Or is it's 'well researched science' purely down to correlation and nothing else?

8. Dave M

Soldato

The folly is chronic stress, not electricity - perhaps you can correlate the two as since the first use of electric light we have had less and less downtime forced upon us.

9. d_brennen

Capodecina

Pretty sure a substance lifestyle with no heating, light, refrigeration, or medical assistance is stressful enough

10. .Lethal

Soldato

The irony ;)

11. Acme

Caporegime

Wow a 5G destroyer has found his way onto the forums! :p

12. efish

Wise Guy

Yes Hippocrates is slightly before 1889 but I am not sure if he described influenza

He must be referring to the 'Russian flue' of 1889 the epidemics of 1831 and 1833 clearly have slipped his mind along with what is considered to be a true pandemic in 1847 & 1848.

Calculation for influenza pandemics are one every 36 years for the last 500 years.

The year 1889 has been cherry picked presumable as it matches his thesis on its relationship with alternating current.

What the 1889 epidemic established was that person to person transmission was the cause of infection.

This was in large part down to the way Europe had industrialized and the establishment of the railway. Epidemics and pandemics became possible to identify and information on infection could be transmitted and dispersed at speed.

This was not possible before, in a more rural less connected setting influenza was thought to be caused by foul air. Hit the town or village caused illness or death then left. The old theory drawn from Hippocrates fits the circumstances and with no wider data outside of the local community the idea of pandemic illness is not something you can establish from the data.

The way influenza was understood clearly alters 1889 and it alters due to industrialization, greater communication and information flow, but not in the way the writer suggests.

Ahistorical reductionist use of history is a standard feature of modern prophetic works dealing with pandemic.

13. G-MAN2004

Caporegime

I put a 9 volt battery on my tongue and caught aids.

14. efish

Wise Guy

Drink a gallon of salt water, then stand on you're head and suck a lemon.

That will cure it.

15. mid_gen

Sgarrista

People are mocking you because you are posting dangerous pseudo-scientific conspiracy theories.

I'll ask you again to tell us who you are, if you stand by the claims made in this book then I sure you won't mind us passing on this information to the GMC. If you really believe people's health is at stake this won't be a problem I'm sure.

16. Eurofighter

Wise Guy

Lol

17. aardvark

Sgarrista

lol - what a load of old crap

18. LOAM

Capodecina

When you say technical do you actually mean complete bollox? As in the book suffers from being complete bollox!

And yes I read it whilst sipping bleach and laid in a magnesium bath.

19. Angilion

Man of Honour

To some extent but not completely. There were many things that killed adults in the past that don't today (in countries that have an even halfway decent healthcare system). Some of them killed lots of people in one go with epidemics (we have a pandemic at the moment but it's the first in 100 years and it's killing a far smaller proportion of the population than previous pandemics so it doesn't affect average lifespan as much). Others killed significant numbers of people consistently. Malaria, diabetes, typhus, measles, smallpox, dozens of different fevers. etc, etc. Medical problems that are fixable today killed people in the past. Appenicitis, aneurisms, etc, etc. Injuries that are fixable today were often fatal in the past due to infection. A broken bone that pierced the skin was pretty much a death sentence, but even minor cuts could become infected and kill. Then there's infection from food and water before modern processing. Cholera comes to mind. It still kills people today, but not in countries that have even halfway decent infrastructure and healthcare. In the past, it killed millions of people. There were cholera pandemics that killed hundreds of thousands of people and cholera outbreaks all over the place pretty much all of the time.

On top of that, there's much better preventative medicine that extends health for longer, not just "keep you going after things that used to kill you".

20. Angilion

Man of Honour

You're trolling, right? That little snippet of monumental egotism is a bit of a giveaway. Nobody is that egotistical.

Good job though - you got a response.