1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The folly of the modern world laid bare

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ritcH, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Malevolence

Capodecina

[​IMG]

2. Angilion

Man of Honour

Talking of evidence based, the evidence is that there's no such medical problem as "electromagnetic hypersensitivity". Supposed sufferers are utterly incapable of knowing whether or not they're in an electromagnetic field. The supposed symptoms have absolutely nothing to do with any electromagnetic field. It's a placebo effect. You're claiming to care about the evidence, so why haven't you spent any time looking at any of the experiments done? There have been double-blind trials and they all got the same result - nothing. Turn it on, turn it off, makes no difference. All that matters is whether the person who believes they have this non-existence medical condition thinks regarding EM fields.

3. .Lethal

Soldato

How sure are you :p

[​IMG]

4. efish

Wise Guy

You are or claim to be doctor so a complete lack of understanding of the history of medicine and pandemic illness is entirely understandable.

One of the significant wider social changes in the history of pandemic illness that occurred with the A(H1N1) pandemic of 2009, was the spread of information and disinformation at intense speed.

News and rumors spread in a way which could be described as not unlike an infectious disease.

Its also understood to play a vital role in the way pandemic is understood and framed and has been a serious object of study in the history of medicine since then in regard to pandemic illness.

You're ignorance and lack of regard for the issues involved with science, medicine and communication speak volumes.

You claim to have the critical skills to read here but appear to lack even a basic understanding of key social issues surrounding the subject.

You're behavior is entirely irresponsible and regardless of what you may consider the scientific merits of the argument to be, its a deeply ignorant and arrogant argument you are making and one that is entirely social irresponsible.

Shame on you.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  5. LOAM

Capodecina

You've somehow messed that quote up

6. efish

Wise Guy

Thanks; fixed it.

7. CREATIVE!11

Soldato

TLDR op?

8. RxR

Wise Guy

EMS is a recognised condition in some jurisdictions, including at law, and for insurance risk assessment, and wrt actions to be taken by employers to mitigate risk.

German medical research suggests - If I recall correctly - the problematic wave frequency is in the beta band.

9. dcsarge

Wise Guy

Hello Dr Nick?

10. RxR

Wise Guy

And you are talking to?

11. Dave M

Soldato

What is that?

12. dcsarge

Wise Guy

Sorry for any confusion, I do try and quote if responding to a particular poster, so not aimed at your comment.

Just an attempt at humour in light of the ridiculous tone of the the thread and the request of the O.P's name as a doctor :p.

Who knew my love of tech is responsible for having had flu three times, rather than underlying health issues affecting my immune system.

13. JRS

Capodecina

I'll defer to anyone with greater knowledge. But a quick read around found this to support the idea.

14. RxR

Wise Guy

One of the objective markers I recall being considered for EMS diagnosis was by biopsy, given there apparently was found a higher level of mast cells found in the skin of sufferers.

Mast cells and the Immune System:

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fimmu.2015.00620/full

Nb. It is quite something to place your hand in a high amplitude rf field and watch your fingers automatically tense and move.

Of course, it has also been found that different specific frequencies in the beta band that affect the motor cortex (and thus e.g.. hand and foot motions) vary across individuals. E.g.. See below

https://www.jneurosci.org/content/32/2/403

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  15. efish

Wise Guy

Unrecognized means the medical cause is unknown. No denying people have real symptoms, cause is simply unknown. Medical treatment would include a workplace and home assessment but that would not be to check for the patients perceived cause of illness i.e E.M.F.

Whatever its cause some people are clearly living with debilitating health issues that are not fully understood.

I think the real issue here is the way you can't ignore present context and the way these beliefs are influencing peoples behavior.

The three conspiracy beliefs that we asked about were as follows

Obviously research here is recent and will be from a small study group but you would not expect a medical professional to be posting this type of material online and at this moment given the serious risk it may pose to public health in the short term.

source The Relationship between conspiracy beliefs and compliance with public health guidance with regard to Covid 19

16. mrk

Man of Terrible Jokes

A quick 5G search on youtube brings up countless videos all fresh from the last few days about how 5G is the cause of covid-19 and cancer etc. What is actually going on here all of a sudden lol. Has a certain brand butthurt so much from previously being sacked off by a superpower nation that it has created controlled opposition which has gone out of hand?

Hell even a Nigerian news channel has uploaded their segment where the anchor interviews a biologist who goes on to talk about the spin of oxygen atoms and why mmwaves affect everything that needs oxygen to function.

World's going mad....

17. RxR

Wise Guy

@efish . Agreed, you would not expect a medically trained professional whose wits were intact promoting any such text. It would be recklessly malicious in my opinion.

I took it that the OP was either the author or a marketing agent / publicity operative of the 'free text.

18. FortuitousFluke

Mobster

Hi everybody! Don't worry chap, I got it.

19. efish

Wise Guy

source

You were not wrong, just the history is slightly more complicated.

I spend a lot of time researching medieval medical conditions and emotion so I get a bit nerd like here and pedantic (excuse me). As a general rule its very difficult to make an accurate diagnosis of medical conditions from ancient texts, always an argument, the room for error is large and the chance of certainty often non-existant.

Generally accurate descriptions kick in around 1500 for influenza: before that things are a bit less certain.

20. RxR

Wise Guy

Nb. Although a bit folksy /engaging in style, I'd substitute the recommendation to read the research backed "Grit" text as a more fitting read for the times.

A free pdf copy is available from the original researchers page on researchgate:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Grit,+pdf,+researchgate