The future of battlefield/DICE.

Permabanned
2000hrs i clocked up in BF2,only reason i stopped playing was because the clan stopped as we all hit our targets.
http://bf2s.com/player/41917246/

BF3 i got bored in 90 hrs i uninstalled it, even though i have a kd of 1.5 and wl of 1.88,i also think BC2 was better.

As for DICE i want fall for there BS again,they aint the same company they used to be and there are plenty of other games to play,i wont miss BF4 tbh.

Last edited:
Soldato
I can't help but feel that BC2 was better than BF3 as well. I basically can't be bothered to play BF3 for long and BC2 I clocked in a fair number of hours and hit the max rank. I haven't played BF3 for a little while and it's not installed at the moment.

I can't quite put my finger on why BF3 is not all that it's cracked up to be for me.

I think it's that the game plays more like the MOH beta that came out a bit before, and I severely hated that game. Also the maps are quite small, and not all that well thought out. Selecting kit/changing squad is kind of awkward, they've got all this screen space and decided to put everything into some 600 * 800px box in the middle of the screen for some strange reason.

Associate
I have not bothered to download the new 1.5gb patch they brought out. I cant see me playing the game again so i think its time to uninstall. I agree with the post above (Neo-Geo), DICE are not what they once were.

Soldato
I played 20 hours of bf3 and regret buying it, I've 400 hours on bc2. I don't care where they take the series, it will ultimately follow the console, mass-market, make the game awful route so w/e

Soldato
I've not touched BF3 in about 3 month, basically played the first month it was released (30 hours played).

I have no intention on installing it ever again, and it's safe to say i won't be buying any more of their games.

Soldato
A few things that destroyed BF3 for me:

- 3D spotting and the myriad of other enemy spotting aids built into the game. Makes aiming a very shallow point and click affair and things like flanking strategies and stealth based tactics pretty much pointless.

- CoD style minimal recoil and bullet spread on assault rifles and especially LMGs. Promotes 'run and gun' and 'pray and spray' style gameplay, i.e. run around manically, see someone, fire a whole clip in their general direction, carry on running, see someone, ... etc. Being good in BF3 therefore boils down to having good reaction speeds and not much else.

- Supression. A good idea in theory, especially for a hyper realistic FPS experience. Thing is though, BF3 isn't really realistic hence supression makes absoultely no sense and only serves to promote 'pray and spray' style gameplay.

- No commander. I could go into length as to why this was a hugely negative omission, but for now lets just say it is one reason why teamwork in BF3 is almost nonexistent.

- No built in VOIP. Do I really need to give a reason?

- Excessive amounts of attachments and massive emphasis on meaningless stats. Doesn't add anything to the gameplay and attracts the wrong type of player.

- Unrealistic balancing of weapons. When you're shooting someone point black with a mounted .50 cal machine gun, they should die more or less immediately ... not turn around and then take you out with a puny SMG. This is just the tip of a hideously retarded iceberg that DICE have crafted in all their wisdom.

Caporegime
you see i really don't get this.

Take one of BF2s most iconic maps, the one that was used in the intro video - Daqing Oilfields

Theres no denying that BF3 maps arent as big as the BF2 maps, but the map design hasn't changed that much

less vehicles and everythings just a giant cluster **** because of how close everything is.

large maps promoted teamwork imo

BF3 just feels like a game made for rambos with the attention span of your average school age xbox player

Associate
The thing i dont understand about BF3 is ppl always stop others using rpg,motor or m320.
I dont get it. those r the initial motivation to drive me level up and i seldom got a chance to use these weapons .
AND most important of all , can DICE develop more maps ????

Caporegime
I played 20 hours of bf3 and regret buying it, I've 400 hours on bc2. I don't care where they take the series, it will ultimately follow the console, mass-market, make the game awful route so w/e

this i don't get either.

Bad company never had the huge maps of BF2. i think BF3 compares very favourably to BC2.

Yet even the BC2 vets are complaining !

Man of Honour
this i don't get either.

Bad company never had the huge maps of BF2. i think BF3 compares very favourably to BC2.

Yet even the BC2 vets are complaining !

Rank 20 in BF3 here and 700/900 hours in BC2, depending on whether you believe Steam or the in game stats.

BF3 has lots of nice ideas but sadly they all add up to a game that encourages "camp to win" play. Personally I like being able to use WASD to move around so I prefer BC2.

Last edited:
Soldato
Every attempt I make to play BF3 ends to same way. I get tired of been shot in spawn or from half the map away and eventually quit.

Last edited:
Soldato
BF2 has its flaws, definitely, but I find myself going back to it regardless (I haven't played anything else in the series admittedly).

Soldato
lol bigger maps and more vehicles than BF2, you play BF2? obviously not :rolleyes: try looking at the actual play area and not the whole map where in BF3 60% of it is out of bounds to anything but jets and choppers. BF2 maps actually support 64 players brilliantly where the whole map is the play area, in BF3 it's a cluster ****.

And yeah the game was rushed out to compete with MW3 and the next DLC just goes to show how much BF is going down the COD root. Consoles are the lead platform for BF3 as well, confirmed by Dice, it's embarrassing.

+1

Associate
I've not touched BF3 in about 3 month, basically played the first month it was released (30 hours played).

I have no intention on installing it ever again, and it's safe to say i won't be buying any more of their games.

If the game wasn't tied to my Origin account I'd happily give away this turd.

Uninstalled, never to be installed again.

Back
Top Bottom