• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Gamers Guide To Mantle

Associate
i wish AMD could fund a small game/Demo to showcase Mantle, how far a game can go visualy and technicaly, make use of the small batchs, and multi threading , resource management and all that good stuff, in a short little playable demo.
about time Radeon gets a mascot, like a playable Ruby, would be fun

Caporegime
OP
i wish AMD could fund a small game/Demo to showcase Mantle, how far a game can go visualy and technicaly, make use of the small batchs, and multi threading , resource management and all that good stuff, in a short little playable demo.
about time Radeon gets a mascot, like a playable Ruby, would be fun

A ruby demo is in the works. I've hassled Thracks for more information about it a few times and all i got was a 'when its ready' answer. However im not sure that the Ruby demo will even be on Mantle. I agree with your idea though. I expect AMD will say we already have one though, and that's starswarm.

Associate
or 3dmark Mantle support...is the cost that high for AMD to work with futuremark on it ? a Mantle bench on 3dmark staring Ruby ! thats an idea xD
New 3DMark Ruby sounds good to me
the demo shows Ruby Spanking an Asian playboy, each spank sparkles 100 thousand small batch xD

but seriously, enabling Mantle on 3DMark would be really great, allow AMD user to quantify the performance increase from directx 11

Last edited:
Associate
you pre ordered them just because they use mantle?

yup, personaly i have all mantle titles even if i wont play them, i will get them anyway.
the idea of Mantle is great, and thats my way of supporting the devs who invest on mantle, for the simple reason that i would like to see even more titles using it.
the ones im gonna play for sure, is battlefield franchise including Hardline, dragon age inquisition, civilization beyond earth, the next need for speed, maybe plant vs zombies because it looks fun, sniper elite 3 if it lives up to the 2.
all in all mantle titles arn't bad at all pending tests, just Thief that was a momental let down for me i was fan of the franchise, eidos completly screwed up.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
you pre ordered them just because they use mantle?

I want both games in this case, but yes i will probably order all Mantle capable games. I find it fascinating to see games perform and feel considerably better than they do on DirectX. I fully intend to support exciting new API's that make the most of my gpu's and i don't care if anyone thinks bad of me (which they do here) because of it.

Plus it's nice to see how it's coming along game to game. Granted I won't be buying pvz though but I will pick up sniper elite 3

I will try and convert you. You can pick it up for £15 and it looks a lot of fun.

Back
Top Bottom