The Glorious Model D (Literally!)

Associate
Hi all,
I literally just recieved this mouse today and wow it is amazing! Coming from my logitech mx master 2s that weighs around 170g to go down to 68g the performance gain I have got as a result of this mouse is amazing! The RGB lights are super cool and customisable and the customisation options that come with this mouse are insane!

Associate
OP
170g to 68g! That's quite the jump. Were you using the Master 2s for gaming?
Originally I got the 2S a couple of years back as I was mainly a console gamer but in the past few months I have switched over to the PC side of things. (I literally built my PC today!) So yes it was a massive improvement from the 2S when I tried to game on it :)

Associate
OP
I quite like the heft of my MX Master. Couldn't do without the scroll wheels either
I agree the scroll wheel is the thing I miss the most. I generally use the Model D for gaming and whenever I have to do something more productive I switch to the 2S, purely because of that scroll wheel. Although in the BIOS the ability to switch my mouse DPI to 10,000 really comes in handy (for some reason when in bios my mouse is really slow unless at 10,000 DPI)

Associate
Originally I got the 2S a couple of years back as I was mainly a console gamer but in the past few months I have switched over to the PC side of things. (I literally built my PC today!) So yes it was a massive improvement from the 2S when I tried to game on it :)
I can imagine!

Congrats on making the switch lol

Associate
Am considering buying this mouse atm but am a little confused by the listings on Overclockers as see about six model o's in both black and white with the same price but description seems identical. Please could you tell me the difference between them and the best one to get ? Am currently using the Corsair m65 pro but am finding it very heavy.

Associate
OP
Am considering buying this mouse atm but am a little confused by the listings on Overclockers as see about six model o's in both black and white with the same price but description seems identical. Please could you tell me the difference between them and the best one to get ? Am currently using the Corsair m65 pro but am finding it very heavy.
Okay so for some reason there are duplicates of all the listings, there are actually only four different variants of the model d which are: matte black, matte white, glossy black and glossy white. The two glossy colours look great but scratch super easily, so for me, it was between the two matte ones, but after watching some YouTube videos online I found that the matte white reflected the RGB lights better, thus looking better, so I got that one. I don't regret it at all, the mouse is amazing!

Associate
OP
Thanks for replying with the answers - you've really helped.

One more question though - believe it weighs something like 87g so do you find the mouse too lightweight?
The mouse itself weighs 68g not including the cable. I find the weight perfect, it glides across my mousemat. Honestly it feels like a wireless mouse and because it is so light you do not feel the drag of other heavier mouses, it moves really easy - this is hard to put into words but when you are aiming with a heavier mouse that weight kinda makes it more difficult/slows you down/feels worse, whereas with the model d it glides effortlessly.... I hope that makes sense somewhat...

Associate
OP
Thank you. My other fear is that the icue, nzxt cam and the glorious software will have some conflict working together. Hopefully will be fine.
Yeah I have several lighting software and no clashes so far. My only issue is in a few weeks when I get my corsair rgb ram, will the iCue software properly support it (I have 2 non rgb and then 2 rgb sticks of ram - apparently there will be clashes...)

Associate
I think my next pc build I shall avoid (if I can) all this bloatware device software. Icue is now doing what nzxt cam software was doing a while ago with being constantly active, being memory greedy and generally always at top for memory usage.

Back
Top Bottom