The Good Wife

Caporegime
Anyone a fan? I'm really enjoying it! I used to love Julianna Margulies in 'ER' - probably the best television drama ever created in my humble opinion - and whilst this show isn't as intense as 'ER' it still has a very watchable feel to it.

I assume this is being shown in the UK as we're normally behind the UK in showing USA imports. If it's not then I guess you have no idea what I'm talking about :)

e: search function is still broken so apologies if this has been discussed. I just watched the latest episode and wanted to post.

content : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1442462/

Last edited:
Soldato
/necro thread

Did you carry on watching this Mags?

I just started watching this before christmas and am on Season 3 already, absolutely brilliant series imo.

If you like courtroom based drama, then this is a top notch version. It was produced by Ridley and Tony Scott (Tony who sadly committed suicide last year) so unfortunately it seems they won't be making any more after season 4, which is a shame.

Soldato
[FnG]magnolia;23645739 said:
Hey. I did and loved it and it's a shame that season 4 won't happen. Fantastic series.

That was quite the necro!

:D

The good news is that Season 4 was given the go ahead and is being shown at the moment! Episode 13 was aired in the US last night and S4 Ep1 aired in the UK last week. So I'm thinking the news of the series demise was a little premature, hopefully they will keep going for as long as they keep up the good work :)

NZB

NZB

Associate
I watch it every week without fail, it's a fantastic show. Doesn't hurt that i could watch and listen to Julianna Margulies speak all day long.

Ridley Scott is going to be directing a new show called The Vatican, it'll be his first time directing for TV and only the pilot ordered so far. He only produces The Good Wife. He has another one in the works called Crimes of the Century too.

Soldato
Bumping this again, as it's currently half way through Season 6 and is as still as strong as ever.

It's such an amazing show, if you've not watched any yet, then it's up there with the greats in drama like West Wing, Breaking Bad, Sopranos etc

I wonder if the name puts people off from watching it - it did me tbh, I just didn't think it would be my sort of thing, but how wrong was I :D

Soldato
Yep, it's an excellent show one of my favourites. I like that it treads very different ground from Suits too - so although the themes are similar they both feel very different.

Soldato
I'm still up to speed on this one. Always surprises me as to how few people watch this show. I agree that I think the name of the show plays against it.

Is this season the last one, or is there still more to come?

Soldato
I actually prefer it over Breaking Bad. But then I don't seem to rate Breaking Bad as highly as other people. The pinnacle for me is The Wire and I think The Good Wife is in the bracket behind that. I think more people would watch it if it didn't have the title it does though. I think it is off-putting for some strange reason.

Soldato
Bit of a bump sorry :p

Just loving this show, on season 5.

I thought suits was good, which it is, but this has more of the courtroom/crime time which I like, fav charactors are Elisha (for obvious reasons) and Kalinda (same reasons)

Didnt know she Archie was British, thought she had quite a well spoken posh tone in the show but I didnt for a minute think she was British

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom