The Grand Tour

Soldato
I wonder how the viewing figures compare with (old) TV based Top Gear? I can imagine a lot of people were quite happy with a free to view hour of entertainment on a Sunday night but when it came to a) paying specifically for it and b) it being on demand, they either didn't want to pay or when it's 'On Demand' it became one of those 'oh i'll watch it later' programs that was never really good enough for people to make the time for.

Permabanned
I wonder how the viewing figures compare with (old) TV based Top Gear? I can imagine a lot of people were quite happy with a free to view hour of entertainment on a Sunday night but when it came to a) paying specifically for it and b) it being on demand, they either didn't want to pay or when it's 'On Demand' it became one of those 'oh i'll watch it later' programs that was never really good enough for people to make the time for.

I actually just watch the new/old top gear now and dont bother with this as its exactly a "watch it later" thing and I never get round to it. :)

Caporegime

That and the older generation that don't really do streaming, which was quite a chunk of top gear viewers.

Soldato
It's sort of just in the trashy newspapers, I guess it might just be a break whilst Jeremy does WWTBAM.

They havent even made series 3 yet - its normal in the US that they announce renewals/cancellations after the series has aired - as they already have a deal in place fo season 3 we wont hear anything till after its aired... if things were going that badly they would probably just cancel season 3

if anything they are probably just trying to negotiate the three of them down, but there are also reports that its earning amazon 10's or even 100+ million, so not sure they would want to kill it off :/

Caporegime
It's streamed to over 200 countries so the viewing figures will be massive, not that any viewing figures have been declared as it is so difficult to judge numbers for on demand streaming programs.

The first series made over $11 million clear profit for Amazon, they will not be cancelling anything with profit figures like that.

Clarkson is only doing 7 episodes of WWTBAM, so that is, at the most, about a couple of weeks filming, which leaves a fair few months to film the 4th series of TGT so plenty of time.

Soldato
Semi-interesting bit of hearsay.
I was in a pub last night and was chatting to someone about cars (due to F1 being on) and they said that a friend of theirs spotted the gang (possibly only James May) in a city in China at some kind of electric vehicle expo.
Can't remember any more details than that. I'd had a lot of cider :D
Still.... lets see if there's a China segment in season 3 !!

Soldato
Semi-interesting bit of hearsay.
I was in a pub last night and was chatting to someone about cars (due to F1 being on) and they said that a friend of theirs spotted the gang (possibly only James May) in a city in China at some kind of electric vehicle expo.
Can't remember any more details than that. I'd had a lot of cider :D
Still.... lets see if there's a China segment in season 3 !!

Clarkson has recently posted a few photos from China on Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/jeremyclarkson1/?hl=en

Back
Top Bottom