The Grand Tour

Man of Honour
I don't think I could stretch to a Hellcat and tbh 700+ bhp would likely lead me to landing in a hedge somewhere.

Just a case really of learning to ease it in on the "gas" - my first attempt to even pull away in big V8 was pretty LOL I could only keep it in a straight line on the first go (was not very experienced at driving at the time and only just passed my test) by staying in a higher gear than I needed to be in.

Soldato
Just a case really of learning to ease it in on the "gas" - my first attempt to even pull away in big V8 was pretty LOL I could only keep it in a straight line on the first go (was not very experienced at driving at the time and only just passed my test) by staying in a higher gear than I needed to be in.

Yeah, of course, it's just about getting used to it. I got used to my current V8, I would just need to learn not to floor it even in 3rd and 4th. I got used to the power of my bike, I just daren't hardly ever fully open the throttle until about 4th gear! There's still a chance in a 700+ bhp car you get that one moment of over confidence and end up in a hedge is all... Are Hellcats AWD? I saw some of the lower range Challengers are.

Man of Honour
Yeah, of course, it's just about getting used to it. I got used to my current V8, I would just need to learn not to floor it even in 3rd and 4th. I got used to the power of my bike, I just daren't hardly ever fully open the throttle until about 4th gear! There's still a chance in a 700+ bhp car you get that one moment of over confidence and end up in a hedge is all... Are Hellcats AWD? I saw some of the lower range Challengers are.

No idea - the only ones I've any experience of have been rear wheel drive. I'm not even sure actually thinking on it if the first one I drove was a V8 or a V10 - memory seems to be saying V8 but now I'm not sure.

EDIT: Wiki says that year model was only made in V10 but I'm sure the owner said it was a V8.

Man of Honour
Good to see them drop the celebrity crap.

It was OK, kept me watching but didn't really excite outside of the Senna lap (a nicely driven lap that) as I am not into muscle cars.

Soldato
I thought it was very good actually, lots of fun. Not as good as peak Top Gear but I suspect that period has passed. It's miles better than new TG though.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I’d have the Exorcist or the Mustang. The whistle on the challenger would drive me insane :mad:

Back
Top Bottom