They need to...

1: Drop skinner
2: Drop that track, move to Oulton/Cadwell
3: Stop the stupid special guest thing
4: Stop the forced banter
5: Provide at least 2 proper road tests per show
6: Stop the crude poo jokes, it's childish and doesn't fit the guys

That's my view.

Agreed... This covers most of the problems with the show in my opinion.

So far I've only managed 4 episodes and only really enjoyed episode 1. After that is begins to become predictable.

Top Gear did some great road tests over the years, they need to do some more serious stuff now and again.

They can do some really good road tests, more of this sort of thing I suspect would go down well with most. Couple of these each episode then crack on with the other gumf

Really enjoying this so far but yeh there are a couple of bits that could do with changing to improve it for next season. Hopefully what they've said about this being a season to get a feel for what people like and dislike and make the changes for next season is true. They will certainly have enough feedback that's for sure.

Clarkson looked white as a ghost at the beginning of Ep 9. Anyone else notice?

Also that cheeky blonde number in the crowd hnnnggg

Anyone else get the feeling that now they can say the 'S' word they say it just because they can? Feels very forced and cringeworthy.

The beach buggy thing was... tedious... lots of driving around doing nothing then the 'getting trapped as the tide came in bit' where they clearly drive into the sea because you can see the beachy bit that isn't underwater clearly in shot.

Everything feels a little scripted and they aren't their usual joking, make it up as you go along selves. Watch the Top Gear specials and a lot of it is them making jokes at eachother and laughing like mad over it, this just isn't.

Yep, I've been watching old Top Gear specials.

Anyone else get the feeling that now they can say the 'S' word they say it just because they can? Feels very forced and cringeworthy.

The beach buggy thing was... tedious... lots of driving around doing nothing then the 'getting trapped as the tide came in bit' where they clearly drive into the sea because you can see the beachy bit that isn't underwater clearly in shot.

Everything feels a little scripted and they aren't their usual joking, make it up as you go along selves. Watch the Top Gear specials and a lot of it is them making jokes at eachother and laughing like mad over it, this just isn't.

Yep, I've been watching old Top Gear specials.

Agree, particularly with the first bit around swearing.

Going to watch episode 9 tonight. I enjoyed the beach buggy eps. The bit where Clarkson Launches himself off the line in the buggy race actually had me in stitches!

Overall, I'm enjoying the show. I wish they took the cringe out of top gear, but it seams they chose to carry on with that which is a bit of a shame.

It's odd, I've been watching bits of top gear most days on Dave, today it was the "ashes" featuring such things as the v8 powered van and racing cars stacked on top of each other.. Yes you know it's scripted most of the time but it just clicks so much better than TGT and for the majority of the time even feels like it isn't scripted. Maybe they're just trying too hard now?

"Budget" challenges have, in my opinion, always been better than the more spectacular trips. With the exception of some of the cross country races.

I'd rather watch the Bolivia or Africa challenges than 3 hypercars

Last edited:
It's odd, I've been watching bits of top gear most days on Dave, today it was the "ashes" featuring such things as the v8 powered van and racing cars stacked on top of each other.. Yes you know it's scripted most of the time but it just clicks so much better than TGT and for the majority of the time even feels like it isn't scripted. Maybe they're just trying too hard now?

"Budget" challenges have, in my opinion, always been better than the more spectacular trips. With the exception of some of the cross country races.

I'd rather watch the Bolivia or Africa challenges than 3 hypercars

Same! Watched it earlier on Dave and found it far better than any of TGT so far. Still enjoying TGT though and hopefully it will get better with each season :)

I enjoy both shows, but I think Top Gear has the potential to be much better than TGT, especially with the talents of the likes of Chris Harris who is fresh and really 'gets' cars from a technical standpoint. The guys on TGT dont know how to do anything else (by their own admission) so I cant seem them changing or doing anything better. They might even end up as caricatures of themselves at this rate.

except BBC refused to change TG and TGT said before the series even started that this year would be a biy of an experiment and they would take feedback and improve it.
not only that TGT hasbeen far better than TG with the new crew.
So yeah i think the total opposite.

Back
Top Bottom