The Grand Tour

• Thread starter Thread starter LiE
  • Start date Start date
Was the first season any good? I gave up halfway through; the forced BS chat, dead celebrity gag and stupid track driver made me lose interest. TG, on the other hand, was ace.

Was the first season any good? I gave up halfway through; the forced BS chat, dead celebrity gag and stupid track driver made me lose interest. TG, on the other hand, was ace.

In all honesty? Not as good as I'd hoped. Forced, clearly scripted 'banter' and some of the regular sections left me a little cold. I know that Top Gear suffered the same issues towards the end but in my opinion it was hidden a little better. I'd have still watched all of them if it was really bad though, I just enjoy watching the 3 of them together :)

They are doing the tent sections, but instead of going all round the world it is now fully based in the Cotswolds.

That might work better, they should have taken the criticism from the first season and hopefully reworked the segment, Is it too soon for them to actually have people on to talk with / 100% obviously not star in a car.

Top Gear is the same thing, except not funny any more.

Only good thing about Top Gear any more really is the segments Chris Harris makes for the magazine (on YouTube). They need to alternate out Rory and Chris per episode with someone else on the show as they are both to much filling the same spot and it doesn't really work without a 3rd dynamic.

Back
Top Bottom