The Grand Tour

• Thread starter Thread starter LiE
  • Start date Start date
I was enjoying, mostly, the last series but for some reason I just stopped watching it. TG was a must on Sunday but with the on demand nature of this I just cant be bothered for some reason, rather watch something else......

im expecting this series to be way better. they acknowledged before the first season aired, that they were going to try different things and that some might fail, but they would listen to viewers for the second season.

Will give the second series a try. Been watching top gear for way too many years and watch most of the shows they do individually (James may reassembler is epic :p ) but I just couldn't get in to grand tour. The repetitive unfunny sections and the way it was just a bit over the top put me off, think I got to ep5 and then just never went back to it.

I reckon they knew the formula wasn't quite right, may in particular was pretty quiet in the tent sections so hopefully they'll be back on form this time round.

Thankfully top gear is pretty good now that they've sorted out the hosts so we're not short on car shows.

I think some of the issues they had in the first season was the BBC lawyers saying they could and couldn't do this or say this. So I guess they could not talk as naturally as they normally do on the trips they do and had to stick to a script.

Maybe that has been dealt with now and they can get back to being 3 blokes and some cars again.

I think some of the issues they had in the first season was the BBC lawyers saying they could and couldn't do this or say this. So I guess they could not talk as naturally as they normally do on the trips they do and had to stick to a script.

Maybe that has been dealt with now and they can get back to being 3 blokes and some cars again.

Nope not dealt with, all the restrictions are still in place.

The BBC lawyers made sure that all restrictions stay in place for the entirety of The grand Tours production, however many series that might end up being.

Makes sense. I don't know anyone who enjoyed his input. He was obviously told to talk rubbish because maybe they're not allowed a 'silent' test driver, but it was just cringe. They had probably filmed the entire season already so had to stick with him.

Would have been daft to keep him for S2.

Exactly that the "professional" driver for Grand Tour MUST have his face visible at all times, MUST NOT be silent, and MUST NOT wear a plain white race suit and/or helmet.

Whoever they replace Mike Skinner with, will have exactly the same rules to abide by, and probably exactly the same scripts to read, as they were all scripts and Mike was not allowed to vary from the script at all, one of the things he refused to agree with for the new series.

Back
Top Bottom