The Grand Tour

Soldato
One of the replies sum it up and you could tell both the planes they 'wrecked' looked more like empty shells ready for scraping, even with Amazon money they aren't going to destroy working planes.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

If he was that bothered, perhaps he shouldn't have sold it?
Silly thing to say imo.

What would you say if you saw an ex bike of yours being wrecked? People sell for all sorts of reasons and the guy in the thread above does sound old (flew it 30 years ago) so perhaps he sold it due to some ill health or financial trouble. It doesn’t mean he isn’t sentimental.

I’m not bothered about it personally, but I had hoped they’d spend longer trying to get the jet engine vehicle working.

Soldato
Yea, did look like a 'scrapper'. Nothin' lost there, methinks. Beyond viable use.

The only incident of a really nice example of a vehicle being destroyed that immediately springs to mind is this:

Long time ago, on Top Gear, though. Was a really good example, apparently. Paid £8250 for it. Set you back £35,000 today. Extremely rare car, as only 67 RHD cars were built. 818 all in, including LHD examples.

Man of Honour
Decent episode but I didn't feel they really took advantage of what Canada has to offer - most of it might as well have been filmed in Wales.

Soldato
The new Range Rover has WAY to much front bumper.

Also "race" mode in an SUV, then seeing all that bodyroll did make me lol a bit :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I think electronic boot lids have to go on the list of inventions that made something less functional too. Along with electronic handbrakes :D

Soldato
I think electronic boot lids have to go on the list of inventions that made something less functional too. Along with electronic handbrakes :D

In the real world they are awesome though, and he could have shut it manual had he wanted. Indeed or closed it with the key fob when they said you could hold the dogs in from inside “but what do you so then”.

I can say that from experience as my Evoque hasn’t got it and its a totally different experience when I usually borrow cars.

Soldato
That raptor is an impressive bit of 4x4, Paris Hilton looked miles different from how I remember her looking and surprised she agreed to be on the show.

The Tesla bit was better than I thought it'd be again surprised he went with that version and the new roadster.

Back
Top Bottom