The Gray Man | Netflix

Associate
I'm not a fan of Ryan Gosling' movies.
They always seem to bore me to tears
yeh - drive what was that? Gosling being moody for 2 hours, and doing a bit of driving
and the place beyond the pines, wow that was boring, don't think I finished it

loved blade runner from the 80's, but have always been put off by Gosling in 2049, so much so never watched it.

i would say he is a bit more woodern than kenu Reeeves, and that's saying something!

Soldato
loved blade runner from the 80's, but have always been put off by Gosling in 2049, so much so never watched it.
I generally detest Ryan 'stare off in the distance' and 'talk slowly to seem like a good actor' Gosling but he's actually excellent in BR2049, I personally like it as much as the first movie which is already one of my all time favourites.

Permabanned
yeh - drive what was that? Gosling being moody for 2 hours, and doing a bit of driving
and the place beyond the pines, wow that was boring, don't think I finished it

i would say he is a bit more woodern than kenu Reeeves, and that's saying something!
Drive was awesome what are you talking about? So was the latter!

He was good in La La Land and The Notebook too.

Trailer for above movie looks good.

Associate
Its ok but you've really seen it all before and probably at least a dozen times already this year.

Thoroughly bored of the betrayed spy / ex special forces man on a revenge mission type movie. But we all still watch them as new exclusive big movies on Netflix etc are relatively few and far between, so its no wonder the streaming services think its what we want. If it was on at the flicks I wouldnt have bothered.

So i've only got myself to blame really.

Soldato
Cheers @the shadow, @hudson86 and @VincentHanna. Just watched it for myself and would agree with what you said, probs 5 or 6 / 10.

Fine for a brain off, summer flick and mercifully short. Some colourful shots and reasonable action.

A couple of problems:

1. When they tranquillised Chris Evans’ character why didn’t they put a bullet through his brain. No tier 1, super, mega elite operator is going to leave their biggest threat alive.

2. Six doesn’t just shoot Evans in the climactic scenes first when he runs into the maze, then in the centre of the maze. No way he’s missing those shots and hitting the child.

3. If the girl’s pacemaker can always be tracked then Six can never win because the baddies will always track him down. Although oddly the CIA don’t seem to be aware of this tracking ability, despite the ability already having been used to find the girl.

4. Did they say who the power behind the scenes was? I might have just missed it. Got a bit bored and was on my phone for some bits.

Soldato
Too many drone shots like Ambalance

I actually liked the drone shots, but only because I am an FPV drone pilot also and know how hard it can be to fly that accurately and fast.

Can't say the same about the rest of the film though (Ambulance that is)

Watching Gray Man now, hour in its about a 6/10 so far. Atleast 1 maybe 2 of those are Ana de Armas alone though :)

Back
Top Bottom