Poll: The great international parcel race.

Who wins?

• UPS

Votes: 69 27.4%
  • TNT

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • FedEx

Votes: 59 23.4%
  • DPD

Votes: 112 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sgarrista
Commissario
Ever wondered who the best company to send your mail internationally is?

Who will get there quickest, provide the most accurate tracking, which ones get there with the least damage?

No, me either.

Well ladies and gentlemen, we have the great parcel race of 2021.

4 nearly identical parcels going to Switzerland delivered to locations within the same city.

Contender number 1:

Team budget: £69.76

Weighing in at 2760 grams and sporting the traditional parcel look wrapped in brown parcel paper we have UPS.

IMG-20211223-171036.jpg

Contender number 2:

Team budget: £64.38

Weighing in at 2775 grams wrapped in a silver arrow livery we have TNT.

IMG-20211223-171015.jpg

Contender number 3:

Team budget: £67.17

Making use of the latest in weight saving aerospace technologies, a super lightweight gold wrap weighing in a 2690 grams we have FedEx.

IMG-20211223-171054.jpg

and finally.

Contender number 4:

Team budget: £49.83

The underdog team throwing the package together with rolls of overlapped brown tape with no regard for the end weight, weighing in at a heavy 2870 grams we have DPD.

IMG-20211223-171025.jpg

The start gun has been fired with all booked within 5 minutes of each other all due to be collected on the same date all sent international priority mail services. The winner will be the one signed for first at the other end.

Make your bets ladies and gentlemen. Whom will secure victory?

Soldato
Dunno who'll win, but bet ups will be last.

Well, to clarify, when the package is moving it'll transit very quickly, possibly even get to switzerland first but somewhere a package unrelated to yours wont have the proper paperwork and it'll be bogged down for weeks while they try to understand it.

Soldato
yeah TNT and FedEx have merged but don't think fully yet, my local TNT and Fedex are now operating from the same warehouse which has caused some problems but there must be other depots still operating independently, so not sure on either...

I'd say between DPD and UPS, both are on the same level from any deliveries I've had, UPS were the only ones that would collect a heavy package (up to 70kg), also Microsoft use(d)? them for faulty device returns (mines was an XBox controller) so..

I'll say UPS

or DPD :p

Soldato
should be roughly the same, if you pay a company 60 -70 odd quid to move a parcel they tend to get their skates on.

what would be more interesting is the best budget speed options

Soldato
Last year we sent a parcel FedEx to Italy at 2kg on the 23rd and it arrived on the 24th, but anything we send in the UK we're currently running at a 20% late rate and 8% total loss rate. It'll be down to whichever online customs system submits correctly and is accurate as it has to go through Europe and out the other side. I still think FedEx will get it through first if it's not a total loss.

Soldato
Haha great idea for a thread! Based on my experience UPS won't bother to show up to collect the parcel, so I'm going with FedEx, and the super lightweight gold wrapped parcel :p

Back
Top Bottom