1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Great Pension Scandal

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Stretch, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Monkeynut

Soldato

The thing is that private pensions will probably stay the same age because your pension reflects the size of your pot so if you retire at 65 you just get less. Everyone should pay into their private pension for enough to survive without a state pension. I'm 25 so probably won't get one.

2. The_Abyss

Capodecina

You‘ve already demonstrated sufficient lack of understanding of detail to suggest that you need advice. There’s nothing to debate here, so I’d suggest that you carry on in GD instead.

3. Uther

Sgarrista

Oops, drunken posting, I really shouldn't do that! Yes, off to see someone next week, I'm certainly no expert here.

4. The_Abyss

Capodecina

I didn’t mean to sound harsh, and I glad you’re seeing someone to sort it. Just the simple act of saying that you’re going to draw some tax free without evidence of need for the cash, but then also saying you’re going to start another new pension to pay into rings a few alarm bells. Your new workplace pension may be able to take the contributions that you were planning in a new SIPP, at far better value than someone like Hargreaves.

5. Uther

Sgarrista

Yes after looking at HL today, I suspect my workplace pension will be a better place for the cash, especially if my employer will add 3%.