• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Soldato
EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Classified is the card i've just had as a replacement RMA to my broken Asus Strix OC. Will be here tomorrow. Very excited as had a PG279Q here sat waiting!

Associate
how's everyone finding rise of the tomb raider on this?

gorgeous looking game, and the first i've found I can't absolutely max on 1440p.

Have to dial back the purehair thing and shadows a bit, that's overclocked to 1300mhz too

4k is a no go zone

Associate
I'm still enjoying the game, it don't half make my machine get warm though (one of the few games that does)

I'm going to to stop playing for a little while so that I can my watercooling loop (need to put the GPU's under water)

Soldato
Question for all fellow 980Ti owners :

What's your plans this year?

1. Stick with what you have.
2. Add second hand to what you have when prices fall (basically, go SLI).
3. Upgrade to the first Pascal that outperforms what you have now.
4. Upgrade to 1080Ti.
5. Something else.

I will probably upgrade when EVGA release the 1080ti hybrid

Associate
Finally after putting my preorder for the 980ti hydro copper for over a month and 2 days it's finally arrived after they missed 5 eta's.

Here's to hoping it works! :p

Also got a ultrawide to compliment my new setup, ROG swift and a ultrawide ;)

G33Udwf.jpg

R6Jsdil.jpg

Images wider than 1280 pixels should be resized or placed in spoiler tags as i have done. Thanks setter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
how's everyone finding rise of the tomb raider on this?

gorgeous looking game, and the first i've found I can't absolutely max on 1440p.

Have to dial back the purehair thing and shadows a bit, that's overclocked to 1300mhz too

4k is a no go zone

Just managed to pick up a evga 980ti 06G-P4-4995-KR, cant wait to play Tombraider!!

Got an X34, will it cope well?

Back
Top Bottom