The hangout thread (organising social gaming etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Right, editing this to incorporate the general social aspect. If you want to join some other boardies, just post and say hello!

At the moment we have a regular hangout on Mondays at 8pm. If you have another evening you'd prefer, just say, and we'll see if we can get something else regular going.

When:
Monday 8pm

Games normally played:
Walkabout mini golf
Rec room

Other options that we've done as a group:
Demeo
Star trek bridge crew
After the fall
Watching films in Big Screen.

Last edited:
Soldato
How are we going to friend up in Re-room? I'm going to use the Steam version as it's higher quality on my Quest 2 wirelessly. The native port works but has less content and is a bit more janky.

To friend up properly in rec-room you have to be in the same instance and shake hands, but you can join a Steam friend's game to get together first.

Friend me, if you haven't already: https://steamcommunity.com/id/ravenger

Soldato
OP
I've added you as a friend in rec room, or is your steam rec room different to your oculus one? I've added you as a steam friend, but I don't think that'll help in rec room, as I'll be using the quest 2 version.

I've got Shi as a friend in rec room too (imported friend). Can't see Melmac though? Maybe privacy settings?

Soldato
You can also do it via the rec.net web page. My Rec Room name is Ravenger, so should be easy to find me.

What's your rec room name Unseul?

Soldato
Haven't played RecRoom in so long that I forget what my name is!!

Is it cross platform? Can people on the Quest 2 version play people on the Steam Version?

Soldato
Yeah I've got Melmac and Rubyrags already as friends in rec-room. It is cross-platform, though not all activities are available on the native Quest port.

Soldato
OP
I'd class it as reasonably rude rather than extremely...

I used to be an adventurer until i took a dozenarrows to the face and couldn't actually see...

Great fun and definitely looking forward to next week. Want to see if we can complete jumbotron.

Soldato
Rec Room works amazing well with Air Link. I guess the simple graphics help the compression, as it looked incredibly sharp on the Quest 2. Best thing is no wires means I could duck down behind cover without getting tangled. Also a big shout out to the new standing guardian system, which works really well. Instead of immersion breaking glowing walls appearing when you move near the edge, it just fades in the external camera view, allowing you to reposition easily.

Soldato
Yeah, I used Air Link and it was pretty good. Going to try native on the Quest 2 next time though, just to compare.

Also, judging by the large number of people that have posted in this new thread. I think we could have kept using the Star Trek thread to arrange games :p

Soldato
OP
Wanted to make it seem at least a little more open to those without a specific game.

Anyone reading this, please feel free to drop in and find folk to play with! It's so much more fun playing these games with people you "know".

Soldato
My wife said she could hear me laughing all the way down in the living room (I play in the attic!). It was so great to have a laugh and play some games together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom