1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Labour Party: Where do we go from here?

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by q974739, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Rroff

Man of Honour

Whatever you believe I'm not making it up and I'm pretty sure Somersetlive carried a story with some of the pictures at the time but their search is worse than useless so digging up a more than 2 year old story now is difficult.

Funny I've never attacked him for the sake of it - only where it merits it - if I was as you imply I'd have been happily fanning the flames of the misogynistic angle over the stupid women/people thing, etc. you might want to take a step back and find some objectivity.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  2. robgmun

Capodecina

He's a sociopathic liar, he's unable to fathom that people won't believe an obvious lie and keeps digging. His mates need to take the shovel away from him

3. stockhausen

Capodecina

A bit like Theresa ("Net migration below 100,000" and "Orderly Brexit") May then, and Bonker (£350 million per week for the NHS) Boris then?

4. Lord-Jaffa

Soldato

Being pedantic seems to be a strength of yours.

5. stockhausen

Capodecina

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  6. Dolph

Man of Honour

7. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

But which version of brexit ?

My guess would be brino or very close rebranded as the people’s brexit. As opposed to an ERG no deal brexit.

8. Dolph

Man of Honour

So May's deal then?

9. Tony Edwards

Wise Guy

Its odd because I cant seem to find the actual article unless it is the one below but its like a cut and paste of highlights rather than an article. So Im a bit confused as to what was actually said in full as it shoots off all over the place.

Ill admit when I read the headline this morning I was annoyed but then after reading the article I am, as I said confused.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/dec/21/jeremy-corbyn-labour-policy-leaving-eu
    So not really brexit going ahead no matter what as seems to be being said by his detractors.

Now considering he has never come out and said his first preference is for a second ref and thinks we should remain at all costs, this story is no real surprise is it.

10. Rroff

Man of Honour

LOL... we all know who will be in utter denial even if JC wrote it 1000 times over on a blackboard.

11. Tony Edwards

Wise Guy

Im assuming by "we know who" you mean me, which is fine but what am I in denial of? Ill also assume you havent bothered to read my post above yours.

If you do mean me. Then just like Dolph you have overestimated my conviction for Corbyn.

Lets just say I do not support Corbyn as much as you both seem to revile him.

12. Dolph

Man of Honour

You still appear to be in denial. Corbyn is a Brexiteer. He wants to continue with Brexit if he won after a general election, and would campaign to leave in a second referendum.

The rest of it is unicorn nonsense in just a slightly different flavour to May, but with the same basic result. The renegotiated customs unions where we have a say has already been shot down as not being an option. Likewise, any attempt at cherry picking access and rules is simply not an option.

Corbyn is a left wing JRM, just because he wants Venezuela on Thames rather than Singapore on Thames after leaving doesn't change that.

Are you really a Brexiteer too?

13. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

Mays deal ?

14. Tony Edwards

Wise Guy

You see you cant help yourself can you. Bringing Venezuela in to the discussion is something crazy right wingers do.

He has not said he would campaign to leave in a second ref at all. But you know that.

He has already said it would be up to the party to decide the policy for a second ref as he is not a dictator of the party, which you would have seen if you bothered to read it objectively. Rather than with the intense hatred you have for a Labour government that wants to stop austerity and is not afraid to say the tax intake is too low.

If you ever what to have a proper discussion about Labour without bringing in conspiracy nonsense or your insistence that there have been no cuts, then Im quite happy to explain why I would rather have a Labour government than the Tory party of the sort you would prefer to have.

Also asking me if Im a brexiter. You have it the wrong way round. I have seen your posts in the brexit thread and you seem to lay the blame squarely on the EUs doorstep for the lack of a good deal and implying they are a dictatorship.

I sometimes wonder if you do, like mogg and Farage want your country back so you can have lower taxes and take even more public support away from those people that you say are making the wrong spending priorities resulting in them having to claim benefits and use food banks.

Just for the record I want us to have a second ref and just hope we dont get the same result as the last one. I also put the blame for brexit squarely on the incompetence of the Tory party and I also put the bad negotiations squarely on the incompetence of the Tory party.

Ill end with a couple of quotes from Frankie Boyle that just about sums up the sheer stupidity of the Tories towards not just brexit but every policy they bring forward.

15. Rroff

Man of Honour

Your highlighted bits in bold were interesting - as him saying he isn't a dictator doesn't make any difference to what path he might or might not want to go down and ultimately as party leader and potential PM he does have significant influence on the direction - your inference via highlighting those parts is disingenuous at best. I mean look at TM talks about the will of the people, etc. but her actions by the day become more and more dictator like.

He has many many times shown his actual position on Brexit as much as anything by his absence at times of pushing remain options when he had a chance to do so when it was appropriate.

16. Dolph

Man of Honour

Your argument falls apart because you fail to recognise the difference between corbyn and the labour party.

As we saw during the referendum and multiple times since, just because something is party policy does not mean corbyn will support it, or even vaguely pretend to.

17. Tony Edwards

Wise Guy

Yeah "whatever" to both or you.

18. Rroff

Man of Honour

Expected response really from you.

19. Tony Edwards

Wise Guy

As yours was to mine. What did you expect me to say? you havent said anything different to any of the same stuff you have said before. You actually both remind me of the way Dowie debates.

I am not supportive of Corbyns lack of willingness for a second ref. I also do not think he is infallible like you seem to imply I do. Your arguments about me make no sense. It is basically just some nonsense you have conjured up in your own head about me.

20. Rroff

Man of Honour

I didn't expect you to say anything else hence my post!

Nothing in what you posted has in any way changed my perspective of Corbyn or shown any change from Corbyn but you still appear to be under the impression that he is a different person to what most people are realising is the truth.