1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Labour Party: Where do we go from here?

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by q974739, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Dolph

Man of Honour

People complain about corbyn's antisemitism because he is antisemitic, and surrounds himself with antisemities.

For anyone who isn't delusionally biased and totally irrational, this is pretty clear.

2. Pudney

Soldato

I'd disagree that Corbyn is anti-semitic. He has very poor judgement though.

3. Dolph

Man of Honour

I don't believe Corbyn is necessary intentially antisemitic, in that he actively makes decisions against the Jewish community.

However, the outcome of his actions are still antisemitic, even if that is not his intent, because he so actively discriminates in favour of other communities, his actions clearly discriminate against the Jewish community.

Racism doesn't require explicit intent to be racism.

4. SPG

Soldato

Just waiting for anti Tory to be a crime.

Any Labour goverment would be better than Mrs incompetent and the school chums pull stringers.

5. Dolph

Man of Honour

That sort of Authoritarian thinking is generally implemented by the left, not the right. Or at least, the left has the much higher body count.

6. Tony Edwards

Wise Guy

Pray tell what are the decisions he activly makes against the Jewish community? When you say actively discriminates in favour of other communities do you mean muslims by any chance?
    Thats an interesting turn of phrase that you dont seem to hold the Tories or those on the right to the same standard too. Interesting.
    Yes exactly like how the Tories are acting right now and thats with out a majority. Imagine how much worse it would be now if they had managed to secure that majority.

edit: Silly me. You would want the Tories to be more authoritarian to the poor and Ill assume muslims and other minorities except jews of course.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  7. Dolph

Man of Honour

Palestinians, which are a subset of Muslims. Corbyn rapidly loses all perspective at that point.

On the contrary, I expect neutrality and equal treatment, which is not the same as expecting equal outcome when you have different starting points.

The Tories have banned alternative thinking? I don't recall it being may that has a social media lynch mob backing her up?

8. Tony Edwards

Wise Guy

My question was what decisions does he actively make against the jewish communty. We have already established that you will put Jewish people above muslims in the case of Corbyn but what decisions does he actively make against the jewish communty?

9. Dolph

Man of Honour

Rejecting the right he gives to all other groups to define racism against them?

10. Tony Edwards

Wise Guy

That makes no sense. The question was.

11. Dolph

Man of Honour

The action that underlined my earlier point was refusing to accept the ihra definition of antisemtism until forced to. We can add on praising murderers and terrorists, hosting antisemites from all over the world and actively working against all attempts to address the problem of institutional antisemitism in the labour party of you wish.

Or do you think corbyn's office staff acted against his wishes when they were actively interfering in cases? If so, would you like to buy some magic beans?

12. Tony Edwards

Wise Guy

No the action that underlined your earlier point was palastine not the IHRA definition.

You seem to be lumping all Jewish people with Israel but I thought that was antisemitic? I think you may need to brush up on the IHRA and stop lumping all Jewish people with Israel some Jews may be upset by being linked to Israel.

13. Dolph

Man of Honour

Oh dear, you really will do anything to defend anything the dear leader does, won't you?

The adoption of the ihra was one of the requests of the jewish community. You appear to suggest that by supporting them I am being antisemitic, while you work to yet again defend corbyn...

14. Tony Edwards

Wise Guy

Im not defending anyone. You are just trying to wheel back from undermining the plight of the Palestinians.

15. Scania

Suspended

I don’t necessarily think Corbyn is an anti Semite, I do however think he’s an idiot with questionable at best judgment, the Labour Party were fools to put him in charge and their current polling in the face of “strong & stable” May proves it.

16. Faustus

Soldato

Absolutely not. My lifelong association with Labour is over until or unless they return to the centre ground of commonsense politics.

17. Faustus

Soldato

I think if you look at Corbyn's actions and causes over decades, he demonstrates a strong bias towards Muslims and at best a distinct indifference to the Jewish community. That's the way he always comes across to me at least.

18. SPG

Soldato

Well i guess that depends on how old you are and the centerground is still selling off all national assests, privatisation of pretty much everthing apart from the NHS as that would be a labour outcry.....

Its failed, privatisation has failed everyone. Change is needed not the same policys of the the past 40 years.

Labour used to mean something, not Tory in disguise.

19. JeditOjanen

Mobster

Current polling has Labour leading by four points.

20. Dolph

Man of Honour