1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Labour Party: Where do we go from here?

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by q974739, Nov 25, 2015.

1. bobuk

Gangster

I presume that if Labour has a confirmatory vote on the final deal without a remain option on the the table, then if the deal is rejected it only leaves a no deal left ?

2. chrcoluk

Mobster

Interestingly my sister (her partner is hard tory so imagine the influence he has), told me a few days ago she would vote labour if they were not supporting brexit, instead she will vote lib dem again.

Her partner says in next GE he is abstaining as wont support left wing, but thinks the tories are a joke right now.

But I think labour are losing votes with their current stance. Vince Cable taking maximum advantage of it.

3. GAC

Mobster

so with the lib dems and the conservatives having a change of leader i wonder if the penny will finally drop at labour hq and they have a change as well.

i know living in a dream land, but you'd have thought by now with how much support labours losing through its leaders inability to give any sort of answer other than twaddle about the party membership having discussions over brexit the party would finally say enough's enough and its time to get a leader who will actually try and lead.

4. BowdonUK

Wise Guy

I see the Labour candidate for the Peterborough by-election, Lisa Forbes, is already in trouble for liking a tweet about 'Zionist Slave Masters'. So thats Labour out of contendership, unless she has a solid personal connection on the ground.

5. Mr Jack

Capodecina

To be fair to her, the comment about "Zionist Slave Masters" was at the end of the text above an unobjectionable video (on Facebook, not Twitter, btw). She probably liked the video without reading the text attached too closely.

Labour's hopes in Peterborough are basically for a Tory exodus to the Brexit Party letting them come through the middle.

6. RedvGreen

Mobster

Plus BXP candidates got shedload of votes despite being raving homophobic sexist bigots without a clue of Politics... Labour will be fine...

7. JeditOjanen

Mobster

I heard that the Labour candidate had withdrawn.

8. jimjamuk

Mobster

Are they putting someone else up?? or is it too late or a lost cause at this point?

9. JeditOjanen

Mobster

It would be too late. Candidacies have to be declared a few weeks before the election.

Apparently she hasn't stood down, but the party isn't really supporting her either.

10. jimjamuk

Mobster

So whats the deal with Corbyn and Trump

Secretly wants to meet up and be the statesman or PM in waiting whilst publicly doing what he does best protesting in the street. Does he not realise if he wants to win a GE and finds himself in that PM role hes got to deal with these people.

11. Dolph

Man of Honour

Given the people and regimes corbyn has stood shoulder to shoulder with as friends (hamas, the ira, Iran etc etc) either his behaviour now pathetic or his justification for solidarity with terrorists and human rights abusers were lies

12. StriderX

Capodecina

It's not unusual at all for Corbyn, he's always advocated discussion as a means to resolution, he just didn't want to involve himself in the blatant pageantry of serving King Trump when the country is in disaster. Atleast that's a hopeful scenario.

But hey ho.

13. Dolph

Man of Honour

Giving corbyn the benefit of the doubt four years ago might have been justified. It has since become simply apologia and misdirection.

14. StriderX

Capodecina

Regardless it is his MO and consistently for decades, not that it would actually do anything as Trump is a bag of ***** unless you compliment him/agree with him.

15. Mr Jack

Capodecina

I'm generally in favour of people protesting Trump's visit but Corbyn needs to be behaving like a PM in waiting, instead he's whipping up his base like he's still an irrelevant backbencher. As usual, he's failed to grow into his new role.

16. Dolph

Man of Honour

It is true that he has long preferred associating with terrorists and murderers than anyone associated with America certainly. It has never mattered how abhorrent the individual or regime is, corbyn would support it if anti American.

As such, the fact that the current president is trump is probably irrelevant.

17. Murphy

Wise Guy

And that's fair enough but any grownup knows sometimes you have to do things you don't like if you desire a particular outcome, Corbyn behaves more like a petulant child than a PM in waiting, advocated discussion as a means to a resolution is a laudable ideal but if you set limits on who, where, and what you're willing to discuss it just comes across as being sanctimonious.

18. The_Abyss

Capodecina

Why didn't he just say that then?

19. StriderX

Capodecina

Cause he's a tit?

20. The_Abyss

Capodecina

That might be it!