1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Labour Party: Where do we go from here?

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by q974739, Nov 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FoxEye

Capodecina

Nobody is stopping you finding and watching the programme and offering your critique.

If you like all things Tax related it might constitute entertainment? :p

2. Evangelion

Capodecina

3. robgmun

Capodecina

It would be too little too late

4. Terminal_Boy

Soldato

Who would you replace Comrade Jez with?

5. robgmun

Capodecina

The problem is the Corbyn surrounded himself with people who are just as toxic as he is, the entire front bench is a liability. It would have to a total up and down shake up much like what happened when Boris took over

6. LOAM

Capodecina

But Johnson has surrounded himself with low tier politicians, that's really not a great comparison.

7. robfosters

Caporegime

Ann Clwyd has just accused Labour of ageism and that she’s being elbowed out. Any truth in that?

8. robgmun

Capodecina

Only in your opinion, lets not that cloud your judgement. The tory party now is almost completely different to the one May was in charge of and in the eyes of the public is more electable

9. StriderX

Capodecina

Lol, ok, i'm sure it has nothing to do with Brexit and totally just their amazing success as ministers... A rogue as Home Sec, a fickle Chancellor, a rebel leader of the house, the PM was a horrific Foreign Sec, Truss is an idiot (don't even need to explain why), Williamson is just terrible at any job he does and ruining relationships with other countries... I could go on, but the rest seem untainted in comparison.

But because the PM is someone you like, not necessarily because he's actually good at his job, you'll ignore all that and replace it with "best ministers ever" because in reality you're a tribalist.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  10. Mr Jack

Capodecina

Polling suggests he's correct. Boris is popular. No, I have no idea either.

11. StriderX

Capodecina

Not because they're objectively electable though, which is my point, they're ****, but they're his ****, just like the momentum lot scream about how Corbyn is perfect and so are his Shadow ministers (who have the same lack of credentials) except a rare few who seem competent.

No substance at all, pretending it's about competence when it's really just about "my dad is better than your dad".

12. robgmun

Capodecina

It's because you and a few others here seem to be inside some kind of echo chamber where all you ever hear is how much Boris is a horrible liar peddled by MSM etc, when Corbyn has been just as shifty and disingenuous recently. But outside that bubble people really like him. For example, the Labour activist who confronted Boris in Whipps Cross Hospital (my local hospital) was plastered all over the BBC but they conveniently swept under the carpet the large crowd of people clamouring to shake his hand, including Nurses

13. Tony Edwards

Mobster

Its not an echo chamber its called reality.

14. Evangelion

Capodecina

Three things Labour desperately needs to do, but won't:

* replace Corbyn with a real leader
    * resolve the ongoing anti-semitism scandal
    * hamstring the Momentum faction

15. StriderX

Capodecina

Honestly... i'd prefer if they just died as a party, the Lib Dems deserve a punt.

16. Evangelion

Capodecina

Labour is still necessary as a foil to Tory extremism. But yeah, I'd prefer to see Lib Dems as the second party of British politics.

17. robgmun

Capodecina

Count me in on that too.

18. Murphy

Mobster

What is it with Corbyn and how he takes questions from the press, whose idea was it to take a series of question and for him to write them down and then answer them one by one, does he have an ear piece with someone feeding him the answers or is he just incapable of answering a direct question with a direct answer, it's really annoying.

19. StriderX

Capodecina

If it means he makes less mistakes, that's hardly unwise, don't really care, won't be watching any of it.

20. Bounce

Wise Guy

Hes a puppet, always has been not a true leader.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.